ACT Winter Open/Minor & ACT Women's and Girls' Championship

Kate Woodley

Jul 13, 2021, 11:56:13 PM7/13/21
to ACTJCL Google

Hi Everyone,

Just letting you know about some upcoming local chess events.

ACT Winter Open/Minor (Formerly ANU Open)
An ACT Chess Association event - Not an ACTJCL event

23rd, 24th and 25th July

ACF Rated and FIDE rated*

The ACT Chess Association will run the ACT Winter Open at Campbell High School from Friday 23rd - Sunday 25th July. Unlike previous years, the tournament will have a six-round format with a 60+30 time control, and it will be ACF and FIDE (international) rated.

Juniors have the option of playing in either the Open or the Minor/Under 1600 rated division. Juniors who are unrated or who have standard ratings below 1000 should consider playing in the Minor division.

Venue: Campbell High School, Treloar Crescent, Campbell ACT (next to War Memorial)

Time control: 60m + 30s

Divisions: Open and Minor/Under 1600 sections (Both ACF & FIDE Rated)

Format/Schedule: 6 round swiss (Round 1 Friday 23rd July 7pm, Rd 2 10am Sat 24th, Rd 3 2pm, Rd 4 6pm, Rd 5 10am Sun 25th, Rd 6 2pm)

Prizes: $3600 in prizes. 1st Open $1000. 1st Minor $400

Limits: Currently limited to 64 players across both sections

Entry Fee: $80 ($60 concession) - GM, IM, WGM, WIM

Enter via Trybooking: https://www.trybooking.com/BSUYI

Current Entry Lists:

Contact: Shun Ikeda 0435-917-800 (M) Shun....@anu.edu.au

(* Games involving players FIDE 2200+ will not be rated as per FIDE Rating regulations. All games will be ACF rated)

2021 ACT Women's & Girls' Chess Championship

Saturday 11th - Sunday 12th September

Campbell High School

I'm still in the process of organising this event, but thought I'd give you the heads up about it.

This event will be open to female players of all ages, with a six round format and a 60 minute+30sec time control. We will be offering a decent amount of prize money and cup trophies for the first to third placed players, and a medal for the best performing girl in u10, u12 and u14 age groups.

Once I've finalised this event, I'll send out further information.

Kate Woodley

Secretary, ACT Junior Chess League

secr...@actjcl.org.au