2021 ACT Under 14/Under 16 Championships (Online)

Kate Woodley

Aug 20, 2021, 12:59:11 AM8/20/21
to ACTJCL Google
Hi Everyone,

Due to the ongoing lockdown, the ACT Junior Chess League will run the 2021 ACT Under 14/Under 16 Championships as an online event on the weekend of Saturday 28th August and Sunday 29th August. This will be the first time we have run a title event in an online format.

The event will be a seven round Swiss, with a time control of 30 minutes plus 30 seconds from move 1. To be eligible to enter this event, players must have been born in 2005 or after and currently reside in the ACT or immediate surrounds. They must also have played in at least one ACTJCL over-the-board event (e.g. interschool, weekend or holiday event).

Players must be on camera (via Zoom) during their games. They must also share their desktop screen and/or show their playing area on camera to the arbiter if requested.

Please read the attached flyer carefully to ensure that you understand the rules and technical requirements. Details on how to enter are in the flyer.  Limit of 32 players.

Thanks,

Kate
Secretary, ACT Junior Chess League

2021 U14U16 Championships Flyer.pdf

Kate Woodley

Aug 26, 2021, 6:43:20 AM8/26/21
to ACTJCL Google
Hi Everyone,

We have seven places left in the 2021 ACT Under 14/Under 16 Championships (Online), which will be held this weekend (28th & 29th August). Please note that I have changed the entry deadline to 3.45pm on Friday 27th August, as we will be holding a Zoom technical meeting for players at 4pm on Friday. See the attached flyer for further information about this event, including details on how to enter.

Thanks, Kate

2021 ACT Under 14/Under 16 Championships (Online)

Due to the ongoing lockdown, the ACT Junior Chess League will run the ACT Under 14/Under 16 Championships as an online event on the weekend of Saturday 28th August and Sunday 29th August. This will be the first time we have run a title event in an online format.