Classroom Visit Read-aloud

Pearl Miller

Mar 25, 2024, 1:12:05 PMMar 25
to abos-o...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I will soon begin classroom visits for our Summer Reading Challenge, and many teachers have requested a read-aloud when I visit.
I am looking for recommendations! The ages range from K-5th grade. Please share any ideas you have!

Thank you so much!

Nurczyk, Courtney

Mar 25, 2024, 1:14:56 PMMar 25
to Pearl Miller, abos-o...@googlegroups.com

The Three Billy Goats Gruff by Mac Barnett & Jon Klassen. Or anything by Jon Klassen honestly!

The Three Billy Goats Gruff: Barnett, Mac, Klassen, Jon: 9781338673845:  Amazon.com: Books

Mar 25, 2024, 1:31:20 PMMar 25
to Nurczyk, Courtney, Pearl Miller, abos-o...@googlegroups.com
I really like Crash, Splash or Moo!  by Bob Shea which is a good interactive book or The Book with No Pictures by B.J. Novak.

For the older ones, I'll sometimes pick out a few chapters from one of the Wayside School by Louis Sachar. Most of them can be read almost like a short story.  Or a picture book biography like Pocket Full of Colors: the Magical World of Mary Blair.

--
Kristen Comeaux, MLIS (she/her)
Branch Manager

We acknowledge, with respect, that the Montclair Public Library and its grounds are on Lenape land.

Johnson, Alyssa

Mar 25, 2024, 1:31:57 PMMar 25
to Nurczyk, Courtney, Pearl Miller, abos-o...@googlegroups.com

I always loved “The Day the Crayons Quit” for the older elementary grades, or if they’re truly “too cool” then I’d grab a choose your own adventure title to force some interaction.

Alyssa Johnson

ECPL Outreach Services Manager

Mar 26, 2024, 1:26:06 PMMar 26
to ABOS-Outreach

I had a blast reading this gem to kindergartners yesterday:

Book Cover

You’re Going to Love this Book by Jory John

There’s also:

Cover Image

It’s a Book by Lane Smith

Book Cover

Chester Van Chime Who Forgot How to Rhyme by Avery Monsen

My Thanks,

Emily E Bartley (she, her, hers)

Youth Outreach/Programmer

563-589-4225  x 2237