Emergency procedures for Bookmobiles

Bridie Hearne

Jun 24, 2024, 11:53:42 AM (6 days ago) Jun 24
to ABOS-O...@googlegroups.com

Hello Bookmobiles!

Does anyone have specific procedures for your Bookmobile for Tornadoes or other severe weather.

What is your procedure for evacuating the Bookmobile and what if you have children aboard without any parent.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bridie Hearne

Bookmobile Manager

Homer Township Public Library

14320 W. 151st Street

Homer Glen, IL 60491

708-301-7908 ext 234

--
This email was Virus checked by Homer Township Public Library  Security Gateway.

Celeste Bennett

Jun 24, 2024, 12:13:20 PM (6 days ago) Jun 24
to ABOS-O...@googlegroups.com, Bridie Hearne

Celeste Bennett, MLS

(they/them)

JCL District Mobile Services Manager and Serials Librarian

(360) 385-6544 x110 or Direct Dial:  (360) 301-8247

Please note my incoming/outgoing email messages are subject to public disclosure requirements per RCW 42.56.

Replies to my emails not expected after hours.

Click here to see our new revised bookmobile hours!

Click here to see a map of our bookmobile stops.

Jun 25, 2024, 2:15:45 PM (5 days ago) Jun 25
to Celeste Bennett, ABOS-O...@googlegroups.com, Bridie Hearne
This is what we have in place for tornado. For thunderstorms or winter weather, I trust the staff working on our vehicles to make the decision based on conditions.

Tornado

We receive severe weather information from the Oakland County Warning System.

A Tornado Watch means that weather conditions are conducive to the formation of tornados, but no tornados have been sighted. If a watch is issued, place the tornado watch sign in a window.

A Tornado Warning means that a tornado has been sighted and people should seek shelter immediately. The City of Rochester will sound the 3-minute siren. The Outreach desk will contact the bookmobile if there is a tornado warning.

If a tornado warning is issued for an area near the bookmobile, close the bookmobile and go to the nearest building that would offer protection from the storm. If you are traveling and spot a tornado, park the vehicle off the road, leave the vehicle and seek shelter in a safe building or lie flat in a low ditch, covering your head with your arms.

--
Mary K. Davis
Head of Outreach and Bookmobile Services