Height requirement for Mercedes Sprinter Van

Slaven Lee

Jun 26, 2024, 4:20:17 PM (4 days ago) Jun 26
to abos-o...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

MPL’s Sprinter van bookmobile should be arriving next month – exciting! We are hiring a Bookmobile Coordinator who will also drive the vehicle. Is anyone aware of height requirements? I recall training someone a long time ago at another library and she was too short to reach the pedals.

Thank you!

Slaven Lee

Director

Missoula Public Library

Pronouns: she/they

(406) 541-8864

Spark curiosity. Make connections. Thrive together.

missoulapubliclibrary.org

M Scott

Jun 26, 2024, 6:37:18 PM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to Slaven Lee, ABOS-O...@googlegroups.com
I am 5 foot and have no issues.

Get Outlook for Android

Jun 27, 2024, 10:12:16 AM (3 days ago) Jun 27
to ABOS-Outreach
Not that I know of. I'm 5 ft 2 and have no issues and have a coworker shorter than I am that also has no issues.

Brandon Mach

Jun 27, 2024, 1:56:21 PM (3 days ago) Jun 27
to ABOS-Outreach
I guess I don't have an input on the short end (being a pretty average height). But after driving our 24' Sprinter, I would say that being too tall is probably more of an issue than being too short. Our front seats swivel around, the driver seat doubling as the desk seat, so the longer you are the more trouble you may find in fitting in those spaces. Also, our interior height is not overly tall, a couple of vertically un-challenged people have brushed their head on things like the AC vent and the extended awning. If you have a tall candidate (rough estimate 6'2" or more) they may want to see if they comfortably fit before agreeing to be in cramped quarters for too long.

Thanks,

Brandon Mach

Lake County Library

Library Assistant/Bookmobile