Computer Access

mfkunzinger

Jun 25, 2024, 1:37:26 PM (5 days ago) Jun 25
to ABOS-Outreach
Hello everyone,
    Part of our outreach vehicle's mission is bringing free wifi and public computers to remote areas. We have several chromebooks and ipads for people to use during select stops, and a mobile printer. Putting this into practice is turning out to be easier said than done as at many of our stops its either too hot to put the computers out, too windy to put up the awning to protect them, threat of rain, or sometimes a combination of all three.
     I'm curious if anyone else provides public access computers as part of their mobile outreach, and if so what their experiences were? Any insights are greatly appreciated!
Thank you all,

Michael Kunzinger
Outreach Coordinator
Middlesex County Public Library
150 Grace Street, Urbanna VA 23175

Whitney Hyde

Jun 28, 2024, 1:50:17 AM (2 days ago) Jun 28
to mfkunzinger, ABOS-Outreach
Greetings!

We can bring public access computers to stops - if there is a threat of weather (always!) we clear a section of the bookmobile & set up there. Usually it is the far back so someone using the computers does not cause a traffic jam for people getting on & off the bus.

Good luck!
Whit

Whitney Hyde
Head of Circulation & Bookmobile Services
Midland County Public Library
301 W. Missouri
Midland, TX  79701