Return Bin for lobby stops

Karen Bradley

Jun 4, 2024, 6:56:37 PMJun 4
to ABOS-Outreach
Hello,

We currently use a large industrial trash can with wheels to roll into our lobby stops for returns. It's not working as well as we would like (top heavy, hard to maneuver, and hard to get the materials out of), what does everyone else use for their stops?

Thanks in advance for your comments!
Karen

KAREN BRADLEY
Supervisor, Mobile Library Services
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
L E T ’ S  F I N D  O U T

kwalker

Jun 5, 2024, 11:41:33 AMJun 5
to ABOS-Outreach
We don't get a huge amount of returns but we have a collapsible rolling crate that we love. We stole the idea from our local school library that has one for every classroom. It folds up small so it's easy to tuck away when not in use. We have stuffed it overflowing with books and we still are able to maneuver it. Plus you can sit and stand on it!

This is the one we have:

Kaitlin Walker

Outreach Services

Twinsburg Public Library

330-425-4268 x2623

Kasey Wright

Jun 5, 2024, 3:20:38 PMJun 5
to kwalker, ABOS-Outreach
We don't have anything like this in our system, but I was visiting a family member once when outreach came to their facility and they were using a collapsible wagon like the picture below. It seemed to hold a large amount of books and was easily maneuverable by the librarian. Just a thought :)

image.png

Kasey Wright
Adult Outreach Coordinator
Scenic Regional Library - Administrative Offices

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

McGurk, Minda

Jun 5, 2024, 3:47:12 PMJun 5
to Kasey Wright, kwalker, ABOS-Outreach
This is quite literally "how we roll"
We have two and we love them!!

Jun 5, 2024, 3:50:42 PMJun 5
to Kasey Wright, kwalker, ABOS-Outreach

We have one of these, but don’t use it as often as I thought we would. What we do use for our lobby stops are the 3 tiered Acore carts. We bring in 2 carts into our lobby stops, one with reserves and one full of books and other materials for browsing. We put the returns on the back side of the cart that holds the reserves.

Be well,

Sheri Miklaski

Community Outreach Librarian

Georgetown Public Library

512-819-3106

TALL Texans Class of 2021

“The only thing that you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library.”
― Albert Einstein

Jun 5, 2024, 7:05:28 PMJun 5
to Kasey Wright, kwalker, ABOS-Outreach
We went with a push-pull wagon option – I have mobility issues of my own and I can't pull a wagon while using my cane, but I can push a wagon instead of using my cane 😄 I would highly, highly recommend this model for its durability and usability!

Abby Bussen

any pronouns

Outreach & Community Engagement Librarian

Waukesha Public Library

321 Wisconsin Ave. / Waukesha, WI 53186

desk phone: 262-522-0002

Jun 6, 2024, 10:04:34 AMJun 6
to Karen Bradley, ABOS-Outreach

We use a wagon like the one pictured below. You can get these on Amazon, at Walmart, Sam’s Club, Home Depot, etc.

Sandra Davis
Mobile Services Manager
Kansas City Public Library
Office: 816.701.3453
sandr...@kclibrary.org
KCLibrary.org

Carolyn Cain

Jun 6, 2024, 10:04:36 AMJun 6
to kwalker, ABOS-Outreach
We use heavy duty laundry baskets.  They can be stacked in a van even when they are full.  They have great handles for lifting and carrying.

  Carolyn Cain

Outreach Services

Daniel Boone Regional Library
100 W. Broadway, P.O. Box 1267, Columbia, MO 65205

Email: cc...@dbrl.org
Phone: 573-817-7095
Web: www.dbrl.org

Robbie Apt

Jun 6, 2024, 10:04:41 AMJun 6
to kwalker, ABOS-Outreach
We use the one on the left. It works well and is also collapsible. They hold up for a very long time. We have used ours for years.  https://www.uline.com/BL_313/Milk-Crates?keywords=crate

Robbie K. Apt
Outreach Manager
The Community and Family Outreach Services Department
The Delaware County District Library
Orange Branch

Carolyn Boyer

Jun 6, 2024, 10:04:43 AMJun 6
to Karen Bradley, ABOS-Outreach
At lobby stops, we use large canvas totes with handles (from LL Bean) to collect the returns from patrons.

Carolyn

Carolyn Boyer (she/her)
Outreach Services Assistant Manager
Fountaindale Public Library District
300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook, IL 60440
Phone: 630-685-4230
Direct:  630-685-4236

Daniel Rice

Jun 6, 2024, 10:29:53 AMJun 6
to Abby E. Bussen, Kasey Wright, kwalker, ABOS-Outreach

This is also the one we have and we sear by it! All the others didn’t seem heavy duty enough for our needs.

-Danny Rice (he/him)

Director of Mobile Library Services

Gail Borden Public Library District

270 N. Grove Ave.

Elgin, IL 60120

847-429-4596

Board Member-at-Large, ABOS

dr...@gailborden.info
Check out our fleet!
Bookmobile Stop Request Form

PLEASE NOTE: Pursuant to Illinois State Law, e-mail communication to and from this address may be subject to public disclosure.

Megan Lowery

Jun 6, 2024, 10:37:16 AMJun 6
to Carolyn Boyer, Karen Bradley, ABOS-Outreach

We use collapsible crates to both bring in holds and collect returns from our lobby stops.  We stack them on top of the carts that we wheel into the facilities.  We have used these for years.  It’s nice that they fold up and they are relatively durable.

Megan Lowery

Mobile Services Supervisor

High Plains Library District

2650 W. 29th Street, Greeley, CO  80631

mlo...@highplains.us

Cell: 970-302-6367

Jun 7, 2024, 4:13:34 PMJun 7
to Sandra Davis, ABOS-Outreach, Karen Bradley
Good morning! So important to use smaller boxes inside a larger one! Let’s save our hands and backs-always! My preference is a “container” no bigger than 12x12”!

Thank you,
Maria Fenerty

Graduate Student
School of Library and Information Management
Emporia State University