Bookmobile wish list

kacylwilson

Jun 14, 2024, 4:46:20 PMJun 14
to ABOS-Outreach
Hi everyone,

We are getting a bookmobile soon and are preparing a wish list of items. What are some things that have made your life easier on the bookmobile? Anything you wish you had?

Our bookmobile is 32 ft freightliner M2 with all the bells and whistles. Folks can come inside. We'll do programming very often.

Thanks :)

Sally Mathews Inglett

Jun 14, 2024, 8:22:37 PMJun 14
to kacylwilson, ABOS-Outreach
This is a list that was posted in the ABOS group in 2021.  I hope it helps.

Sally Mathews Inglett
President & Founder
MEternally, LLC
(833) 733-8866
meternally.com

Invaluable Mobile Accessories.pdf

M Freidhof

Jun 18, 2024, 11:01:55 AM (12 days ago) Jun 18
to kacylwilson, ABOS-Outreach
We have the same vehicle from and Farber was the company that put it all together.
The ABOS list is great but some things you might not need are kitchen items, wheel blocks and the snow shovel (for space reasons). Those might be better for larger vehicles.
I could also add that I put a clip on the back wall by the door to hold a broom - otherwise it would fall down on curves even though it was tucked beside the chair lift. (The chair lift is a must!)
We have a wall mounted hand sanitizer dispenser  inside the side door for people to use as they enter or exit. I use it a lot!
I have a stool  in the back for older people to sit on when looking at lower shelves and for shorter kids to reach the top shelves. It is a rolling one but I turn it upside down when moving.
Highly recommend having the awning installed on the vehicle.  A tote or basket for book returns. I put mine behind the driver's seat.
Also, kleenex, an umbrella, plastic "grocery" bags - especially when it is wet out, nail clippers, book marks, post its, air freshener spray has come in handy a couple of times.
Bookmobile magnets with contact info, basic schedule, website and ebook apps.

Happy driving!!
Marilyn Freidhof
Rowan County Public Library
Morehead, KY