Please call: Call for Library Partner Nominees

Noah Lenstra

Jun 4, 2024, 11:26:49 AMJun 4
to ABOS-Outreach

Do you work at a public library? Has a community partner made a difference by collaborating with you?

The I Partner With My Public Library Award invites you to recognize the accomplishments of exceptional partners. Each year, up to 10 are honored at an online ceremony held in their honor.

Submitting a nomination is the perfect way to thank your partners, and to celebrate the work you have done together. These annual awards also inspire others to reach out to new partners.

Nominations will be accepted through the end of August 2024. Final decisions will be made on October 15, 2024, with a public awards ceremony occurring in November, 2024. Awardees will be publicly celebrated on the Let’s Move in Libraries webpage. Join us in this endeavor!

Click here to submit a nomination

In addition to submitting a nomination, you can also serve as a reviewer. Reviewers will spend approximately 3-5 hours in September 2024 reviewing nominations and filling out an online form. Learn more, and serve as a reviewer!

You can submit a nomination and serve as a reviewer: We’ll make sure you don’t review your own nomination! You do not need to work in a public library to serve as a reviewer.

To get inspired, check out the 2023 Award Winners and Honorable Mentions.

We can’t wait to read your nominations! During 2023, we received 55 nominations from 22 U.S. states. In 2024, we’d love to double (if not triple!) the nominations, and also include more states and nations from around the world.

You can also learn more about this effort in this article published on OCLC/WebJunction.

Please share this news widely.

--

Noah Lenstra

Associate Professor of Library and Information Science

University of North Carolina Greensboro

njle...@uncg.edu

noahlenstra.com

@NoahLenstra