StoryWalk Acrylic Sheets

smccl...@washingtondl.org

Jun 14, 2024, 4:23:28 PMJun 14
to ABOS Outreach

Hi all,

Do any of you take care of permanent StoryWalks? If you need to replace the acrylic sheets (ours are 18X24) from Barking Dog Exhibits, where do you buy them?

Thanks!

--
Savannah McClellan
Outreach Librarian

Alie Stansbury

Jun 14, 2024, 4:28:26 PMJun 14
to smccl...@washingtondl.org, ABOS Outreach
Hi All,

We do! We ended up replacing the acrylic with sheets from Barking Dog directly. They weren't cheap, but we know they are the correct size and not having to deal with cutting acrylic is highly desirable.

Thanks,
Alie

Alie Stansbury, MLIS (she/her/hers)

Youth Services Manager

McHenry Public Library District

809 Front St. | McHenry IL 60050

815-385-0036 Ext. 325

www.mchenrylibrary.org

Katrina Ford

Jun 14, 2024, 4:28:30 PMJun 14
to smccl...@washingtondl.org, ABOS Outreach
I am interested in this as well.

While I am no longer a librarian, in my current role, I am working with USDA - USFS to install three story walks and am curious what everyone is using for permanent storywalks now days too.

Zackula, Racine

Jun 18, 2024, 9:15:38 AM (12 days ago) Jun 18
to smccl...@washingtondl.org, abos-o...@googlegroups.com

Our Storywalks were getting cracked and vandalized in one park in particular.  We use Uline supply for most of our purchases (waste baskets, prize bags, bungee cords, etc…).  They had the acrylic sheets in bulk.  We had to cut them down, but they were cheaper than Home Depot or other places.

Happy summer to ya’all!

Racine

Racine Zackula (she/her), Family Literacy Coordinator

Wichita Public Library

Advanced Learning Library

711 W 2ND ST N

Wichita, KS 67203

Call/text: 316.889.2895

Call: 316.261.8500

Book time with me

Connect.Discover.Learn.Thrive.

Inclusive. Responsive. Collaborative. Your Library makes your community Limitless.

Jun 24, 2024, 4:28:08 PM (6 days ago) Jun 24
to smccl...@washingtondl.org, ABOS Outreach

Hi Savannah,

Yes, our library has one 20 post permanent walk and is planning more. I bought some recently from Barking Dog Exhibits, they sell all the supplies for their walks and they’re great to work with – fast and professional in my experiences.

Hope that helps!

Claire Olson, Manager

Community Projects

Jacksonville Public Library

303 North Laura Street, 32202

O: (904) 255-6215

C: (850) 510-0942

E: mol...@coj.net

www.jaxpubliclibrary.org

fb  cid:image004.png@01D3F290.60841E40

Please note that under Florida's very broad public records law, e-mail communications to and from city officials are subject to public disclosure.