Re: Asking for input

Mcda...@aol.com

Mar 19, 2014, 2:57:33 PM3/19/14
to aacpa...@googlegroups.com
        I will jump in here although our son no longer uses (no need) to use an AAC device. I think a basic one on what a really great AAC eval looks like.  M-C Dalzell

In a message dated 3/19/2014 9:09:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, sca...@aacinstitute.org writes:
The AAC Institute has asked me to pick five topics that parents would be interested in online learning about or receive some type of online training.  I have until noon tomorrow to submit these ideas.  I look forward to hearing what the group has to say.

Have a great day
Shannon

Shannon

Mar 19, 2014, 3:46:56 PM3/19/14
to aacpa...@googlegroups.com
I also think that is a very important topic especially with the changes that are coming from CMS.
Thank you
Shannon :)

Denise Stier

Mar 20, 2014, 9:43:46 AM3/20/14
to aacpa...@googlegroups.com

I think once a child has decent communication, the next step is to be able to show what they know. Learning to read, completing school work, and participating in the curriculum are difficult. Some kids do all their work on their device, and need software programs to help them. I found it difficult to figure out what my daughter would need and AAC and assistive tech people are not always helpful. Denise

Shannon

Mar 20, 2014, 10:40:36 AM3/20/14
to aacpa...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your suggestion. I have pass that along, too. We should have a decision soon what will de addressed on the website.