Fwd: 9P implementation for puffs/NetBSD

Uriel

May 2, 2007, 11:50:44 AM5/2/07
to 9p-ha...@googlegroups.com
I just got this very cool news:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Antti Kantee <po...@cs.hut.fi>
Date: May 2, 2007 4:11 PM
Subject: 9P implementation for puffs
To: uri...@gmail.com

Hi,

I thought a 9P client implementation might be fun to do even though I
didn't get accepted to your SoC program. So I wrote a client version of
which I finished the first version recently and committed it to NetBSD.
It's still lacking some features, such as access control or support for
NFS exporting, but it works nonetheless.

I tested it only against u9fs and Inferno, because I couldn't figure
out how to make Plan9 export anything ...

Is there any good place to hang out for questions about the protocol?
I might have a few once I have time to work on this some more.

If you want to add the implementation to your webpage, here's the
info:

name: 9puffs
version: 9p2000
client/server: client
lang: c
OSs: NetBSD
License: BSD
comments: Userspace file system driver implemented on top of puffs.

There's really no canonical link for the implementation, but you can
use e.g. this:
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/usr.sbin/puffs/mount_9p/

And if you want a link for "puffs" in the comment, you can use:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/misc/puffs.html

cheers,
antti

--