Re: New C 9P2000(.u) Client/Server Library

Kris Maglione

May 17, 2009, 3:03:46 PM5/17/09
to 9p-ha...@googlegroups.com
>I would only note that .u is mostly deprecated and its use is
>discouraged, so I would not bother much with working on it.

I personally encourage .u, namely because 9p.ko supports it, and
thus filesystem servers can provide things Unix users expect
(e.g., symlinks). The whole uid/gid number thing, though, should
definately go. They cause way more trouble than they're worth in
a networked environment.

--
Kris Maglione

The programmer, like the poet, works only slightly removed from pure
thought-stuff. He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating
by exertion of the imagination. Few media of creation are so
flexible, so easy to polish and rework, so readily capable of
realizing grand conceptual structures.
--Frederick P. Brooks, Jr.