libixp wstat impl?

sasha

Jun 27, 2008, 2:45:01 PM6/27/08
to 9p-hackers
Thank you to all the folks (Kris, et al.) who have put together
libixp.
Is anything in the works on that to implement the wstat operation?

Thanks, Sasha

sqweek

Jun 28, 2008, 3:27:30 AM6/28/08
to 9p-ha...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 2:45 AM, sasha <amysa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anything in the works on that to implement the wstat operation?

Not to my knowledge. I have it tentatively on my todo - it's the last
thing stopping v9fs and wmii from playing nice together ("echo foo
>wmii/ctl" uses a wstat to truncate ctl). But I haven't even got
around to looking at lib9p to see what it does by default when the
server doesn't provide an implementation.
-sqweek

sasha

Jun 30, 2008, 4:12:06 PM6/30/08
to 9p-hackers

> around to looking at lib9p to see what it does by default when the
> server doesn't provide an implementation.
> -sqweek

I'm connecting to my server using 9p2000. At first it didn't work
because the FS client makes an auth request.
I added the generic response for auth, short to actually implementing
the command, but that might be helpful to anyone who wishes to not
worry about authentication. Also looking into implementing wstat in
the very near future.

sqweek

Jul 24, 2008, 11:51:20 AM7/24/08
to 9p-ha...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:12 AM, sasha <amysa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also looking into implementing wstat in the very near future.

Hey sasha,
How are you going on this front? I'm very interested in getting this
going now, as with 2.6.26 released wstat is the last thing standing
between libixp servers playing nicely with v9fs. :)
-sqweek

sasha

Jul 30, 2008, 11:46:39 AM7/30/08
to 9p-hackers
I have a working w-stat with the exception of the username and group
fields. They don't seem to populate in the stat message. My
understanding after conferring with a colleague about a related issue
with 9p2000 is that we need to support 9p2000.u.
I'd definitely like to work on that (and have been encouraged to) but
don't have a timeframe for that.

Uriel

Jul 30, 2008, 1:49:18 PM7/30/08
to 9p-ha...@googlegroups.com
Why would you need .u for that? I don't think .u even solves the issue
with mapping ids to user names (which really has little to do with the
protocol itself, nfs has the same issue).

I think somebody posted a patch adding .u to libixp (maybe in the wmii
list?), but .u is mostly deprecated and I see little need for
implementing it, can you please explain?

Peace

uriel

sqweek

Jul 30, 2008, 11:13:30 PM7/30/08
to 9p-ha...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 1:49 AM, Uriel <uri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 5:46 PM, sasha <amysa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a working w-stat with the exception of the username and group
>> fields. They don't seem to populate in the stat message.

Nice! Where can I get the code?

> I think somebody posted a patch adding .u to libixp (maybe in the wmii
> list?), but .u is mostly deprecated and I see little need for
> implementing it, can you please explain?

Yep, jyujin did that:
http://groups.google.com/group/9p-hackers/msg/f2ea0684c451f268

-sqweek