[ANN] libixp 0.5 released

sqweek

Sep 23, 2008, 7:08:54 AM9/23/08
to 9p-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, seems it's about that time of the year. I'm pleased to
report it has been a productive one for me with respect to 9p (though
it took me some time to get started), and I now actually have a clue
about libixp. The biggest motivators for this release are:
-Wstat server support.
-The API has changed somewhat - things are a bit more verbose, but the
Fcall struct is now ANSI/C99 compliant. The old API is still
available, for the moment (-DIXP_NEEDAPI=89).

Other changes include:
-Fix bug affecting the offset of consecutive writes.
-Honour the server's maximum message size.
-Fix ixpc's command-line parsing.
-Fix build problems on Solaris.
-Add append command to ixpc.

The code is available at
http://code.suckless.org/dl/libs/libixp-0.5.tar.gz - enjoy!
-sqweek

jyujin

Sep 23, 2008, 7:31:57 AM9/23/08
to 9p-hackers
This is great news, I can't wait to get home and get my hands on
this :).