Use case of 'aname' in tattach

Dieter Van Eessen

Nov 18, 2021, 12:39:42 PM11/18/21
to 9p-hackers
Hello 9p-group,

I'm struggling to find pro's and con's of eighter:
- OR: offering state under different file trees:
 -> (server (file-tree-rootA ...)  (file-tree-rootB ...))
- OR offering state under as different directories in a single file tree
-> (server (root (file-tree-dir) (file-tree-dir) (file-tree-dir)))

Does the existence of 'aname' permit a use-case which cannot be solved by having a modified client program? (authorising multiple times on a single connection in the former example can also be accomplished by having multiple connections in the latter)

Offering state  under different servers is also possible, but then client needs to know ports a priori, so I'm leaving this out.

kind regards,
Dieter