this mailing list is moving

s...@9front.org

Jan 21, 2013, 12:50:07 PM1/21/13
to 9fr...@googlegroups.com
Now might be a good time to mention that we have setup an alternative mailing list, hosted on 9front instead of Googlegroups.

To be added or removed from the list, send a message to 9front...@9front.org containing a key word in the header or body. The key words are:

subscribe - add my From: address to the list

remove - remove my From: address from the list

unsubscribe - remove my From: address from the list

Addition and removal events cause notification messages to be sent to the added/removed address. In the case of addition, the message describes how to be removed.

After subscribing, list messages may be sent to 9fr...@9front.org.

-sl

hiro

Jan 21, 2013, 5:59:39 PM1/21/13
to 9fr...@googlegroups.com
Any reason for this, was googlegroups unreliable in any ways?

Ethan Grammatikidis

Jan 22, 2013, 5:43:29 AM1/22/13
to 9fr...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 11:50:07 -0600
s...@9front.org wrote:

> Now might be a good time to mention that we have setup an alternative mailing list, hosted on 9front instead of Googlegroups.

sweet. what software does it use?

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk

Jan 22, 2013, 5:48:43 AM1/22/13
to 9fr...@googlegroups.com
Will the subscribers be moved to new mailing list automatically ?

I prefer such a move .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk

Kurt H Maier

Jan 22, 2013, 9:16:10 AM1/22/13
to 9fr...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 5:59 PM, hiro <23h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any reason for this, was googlegroups unreliable in any ways?

Google groups has a web interface. Also this is standard dogfooding.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 5:43 AM, Ethan Grammatikidis
<eek...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> sweet. what software does it use?

http://man.aiju.de/1/mlmgr

with modifications from sl

--
# Kurt H Maier

s...@9front.org

Jan 22, 2013, 10:20:53 AM1/22/13
to 9fr...@googlegroups.com
> Will the subscribers be moved to new mailing list automatically ?

No.

-sl

s...@9front.org

Jan 22, 2013, 10:21:54 AM1/22/13