Selling ElectroAuto 914 AC Conversion

Terry B

Jan 15, 2016, 1:37:29 PM1/15/16
to 914ev
Need to sell my "working" 914 AC conversion. When parked three years ago, it was working, although the lead acid batteries had developed corrosion and died. I removed the batteries and the battery compartments have been empty since. I live in the foothills of N Calif, so performance on the hills wasn't great with LA batteries. On the flat it easily did 65-70 mph and up to 50 miles on a charge. I've been considering upgrading to lithium, but am not willing to spend the dollars for batteries, controller and charger plus the time required and lack of expertise. I've finally given up.

1975 941, yellow, rust free chassis, battery boxes in front trunk and engine compartment, good convertible top that fits in back trunk, some upholstery damage (see photos), custom wood dashboard, bonus bike rack on rear! ElectroAuto kit instructions and 941 wiring diagram included.
Have over $15,000 in the project and will accept any reasonable offer... otherwise I'll probably give it to our local high school vocational department for a project for them and a tax deduction for me.
Porsche Fotos.docx

Michael Brown

Jan 15, 2016, 1:47:18 PM1/15/16
to 91...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear Terry.  My car is in exactly the same shape, sitting in an airplane hangar in storage until I come back from overseas and filler her full of lithium.

--

Mike Brown

Not my circus, not my monkeys.