RE: [914ev] Digest for 914ev@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 1 topic

Paul Jorgensen

Oct 10, 2015, 11:27:35 AM10/10/15
to 91...@googlegroups.com

Well, I have Li ion Batteries do I didn’t add that much weight. I changed the master cylinder to  a larger area but the biggest thing is that I have re-gen on my controller so that makes a difference as well. When I first touch the brake pedal the brake light circuit actuates the re-gen and then further push engages the hydraulic system. Works for me but I am not sure what you can do with that extra weight.

By the way. Does anyone know how to increase the torque limit on the DMOC controller. I don’t care if it shortens the life of the motor.

Paul Jorgensen

From: jr...@e-m-w.com
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 15:47:58 +0200

[...]

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/914ev.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/914ev.

Randy Pollock <ra...@alumni.caltech.edu>: Oct 09 10:55AM -0700

Hi David,

I used the BMW brakes on my V1 (lead acid) conversion, but moved to 911 brakes (much bigger calipers with vented rotors) on the v2 (lithium) conversion. Both are bolt on conversions, but the 911 brakes require 5 lug wheels which my car already had.

I never drove the car with stock brakes after either conversion, so I can’t really say what the comparison was in stopping power. The BMW brakes did seem pretty good with the lead pack.

Randy

David Shields <dshie...@hotmail.com>: Oct 09 09:49PM

Thanks Randy.

David Shields

Oct 10, 2015, 8:15:10 PM10/10/15
to 914 EV Googlegroups
Thanks Paul. I have a DC car. No re-gen brakes, unfortunately.

From: p_jor...@verizon.net
To: 91...@googlegroups.com
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:27:30 -0400

Mark Brems

Oct 19, 2015, 4:32:23 PM10/19/15
to 91...@googlegroups.com
Hey Paul,

Are you using the GEVCU with your DMOC controller?
If so, I'd like to hear how easy or difficult it was to get up
and running.

Thanks,
MarkB