Re: [914ev] Digest for 914ev@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Paul Jorgensem

Jun 14, 2016, 8:22:11 AM6/14/16
to 91...@googlegroups.com
I doubt that it is a battery problem. Sounds to me like your dc to dc converter is overcharging.  The output voltage should be 13.2 volts.

Paul Jorgensen

On Jun 14, 2016, at 05:16, 91...@googlegroups.com wrote:

David Shields <dshie...@hotmail.com>: Jun 14 06:11AM

I have ruined 3 auxiliary batteries in 3 years. I charge these with an EV Source 500-DCDC -636 converter.

I've been using regular Autozone 60 amp hour car batteries as the auxiliary battery as I had one from an old car. I get the feeling that this is the wrong battery type. Autozone has been more than fair about this I may add.

Does anyone have any suggestions about a battery type to run my 12 volt applications? I was thinking about an AGM deep cycle but I'm open to suggestion.