News Items (2/8/24)

ARNOLD KOROTKIN

Feb 8, 2024, 6:32:22 AMFeb 8
to 911-li...@googlegroups.com
Please share this issue of the 9/11 News List-serv with other members of the 9/11 community

An informed citizen is an empowered citizen.

Arnie

Arnold Korotkin

 Dear Friend of the Christian Regenhard Center for Emergency Response Studies:

We are pleased to announce of Spring event series. Our events can be seen here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.eventbrite.com/o/christian-regenhard-center-for-emergency-response-studies-racers-7298910211__;!!Ky_hqJ5n-ILn0fk!GkJtYzuJAXMbCucGEEeZhNA3sgAiNaE94NkB-UXJB3vLM-dkyqHqEbaYjCrbjhr4y0RwvaS84o3-RktkwPi1rB1eOUkrzJg62n1A-7oocac$

On February 27, Noah McClain, a sociologist will provide his analysis and critique of efforts to secure NYC subways following 9/11.

On March 19, John Jay's own Gerald Markowitz will discuss occupational exposure to hazardous substances and make connections between first responders and the broader issues of regulation and widespread exposures in society.

We are happy to announce that our March event will be a hybrid event, with the option of attending in-person or online. Please carefully select the ticket type. It will be a return to cookies, coffee, and conversation!

On April 9, our own Andrew Boyarsky will give a book talk on project management in emergency management. Andrew is an adjunct in our graduate emergency management program, and developed our course in project management, the first devoted to the subject. This will be a virtual book launch and discussion on the topic from his experiences as an emergency manager, educator, and consultant.

We urge you to check our website for the latest news and videos of past events. Feel free to refer others to our list, and share our eventbrite invitations with your colleagues.

Best wishes,

Charles Jennings, Director