News Items (9/18/21)

ARNOLD KOROTKIN

Sep 18, 2021, 7:35:36 AM9/18/21
to 911-li...@googlegroups.com

9/11 survivor reconnects with good samaritan 20 years later - The Independent

Dear Friends, Family Members and Supporters!

You are corduially invited to join us as we are being honored this Sunday

September 19, 2021 at 5pm EST

for our last 20 years of peace advocacy work!

REGISTER HERE.

Citizens for the Extension of the James Zadroga Act

Below are summaries with URLs to news articles on  the effort to ensure that the World Trade Center Health Program is fully funded.  An archive of past articles year by year can by found on the Citizens for the Extension of the James Zadroga Inc. website here.

Sep. 14, 2021 — InnovateLI — Ceremonies end, but work continues for 9/11 heroes

To this day, healthcare providers continue to monitor and treat populations exposed to toxic debris on that fateful day, and many days after.

Sep. 14, 2021 — Longevity — 9/11 Responders and Survivors Still Plagued By Health Effects 20 Years Later

The most common conditions affecting first responders and survivors include cancer, respiratory ailments, sleep apnea, and mental health disorders that include PTSD and anxiety or major depression.

Sep. 14, 2021 — CBS New York — Another 25 Names Added To FDNY Memorial Wall Honoring Members Who Died Of 9/11 Illnesses

Officials have said 75% of the firefighters who responded on 9/11 now have some form of illness.

Sep. 13, 2021 — COPD News Today — Risk of COPD 30% Higher in Earliest Responders to Twin Towers Collapse

COPD in these first responders is often preceded by a diagnosis of asthma, with 40% of these people developing asthma-COPD overlap.

Sep. 13, 2021 — House Committee on Oversight and Reform — Maloney, Nadler, Garbarino Seek Information on Services Provided by Contractor to 9/11 Survivors and Responders

We must ensure the World Trade Center Health Program not only has the necessary resources, but that the program is properly administered so that members receive the high-quality care that they need and deserve.

Sep. 13, 2021 — News Medical — Study finds 24% higher prostate cancer risk among rescue/recovery workers after World Trade Center attacks

The findings indicate a shorter latency period from occupational exposure to disease development than that reported in other studies of men not involved in 9/11 recovery/rescue work.

Sep. 13, 2021 — Fire Department of the City of New York — FDNY Adds 25 Names to Memorial Wall for Deaths Related to World Trade Center Illnesses

To date more than 257 FDNY members have died of World Trade Center related illnesses.

Sep. 13, 2021 — PBS NewsHour — Exposure related health conditions still trouble 9/11 first responders 20 years later

“I was blowing my nose for weeks, and blood was coming out of it. But I just kept going back.”

Sep. 12, 2021 — PBS NewsHour — A survivor’s fight for health care for young adults impacted by 9/11

“We have 9/11 survivors in every state. You know, there are 9/11 responders and survivors who are sick in almost every congressional district.”

Sep. 12, 2021 — NY Daily News — 20 years later, many MTA workers still feel unappreciated for 9/11 sacrifice

They drove buses that carried first responders across lower Manhattan and used metal-working expertise learned on the trains and subway to cut twisted metal beams in the debris.

Citizens for the Extension of the James Zadroga Act Inc.
c/o NYS AFL-CIO
100 South Swan Street
Albany, NY 12210
United States