News Items (9/11/21)

ARNOLD KOROTKIN

Sep 11, 2021, 5:39:45 AM9/11/21
to 911-li...@googlegroups.com

9/11: How Air Traffic Controllers Managed the Crisis in the Skies

9/11: Rescue on the Water

Dear Friends,

Today we commemorate the milestone of the 20th Anniversary and honor the 2,977 precious lives lost on September 11, 2001.

The anniversary is also a time to remember all those who have been affected since - the 4,700 responders and survivors who have died of 9/11-related illnesses, and their grieving families, and the 83,000 who are suffering from serious medical and mental health conditions.

May the flame of hope shine bright, because with hope, peace, faith and love, we can transform our lives!

It is our annual tradition to host a poignant candle lighting ceremony. Please take a moment to view this year’s ceremony here. We hope it brings you all comfort, knowing that light shines brightly for all in the 9/11 community and that you are all in our thoughts today and always.

With gratitude for your friendship and support,

Mary Fetchet & the VOICES Team

Sixth-annual Calling Of The Names Ceremony

You are most welcome to come to the sixth-annual Calling Of The Names Ceremony on September 11th, 2021, at 1:30 PM in St. Paul’s Chapel in lower Manhattan.

The ceremony honors deceased 9/11 Rescue and Recovery Responders who came to help during the nine-month Rescue and Recovery Effort at the World Trade Center site following the attacks of September 11, 2001.  St. Paul’s is where George Washington worshipped after he was sworn in as the first President of the United States, and where 9/11 Responders could go anytime night or day for respite during the nine-month Rescue and Recovery Effort that followed the attacks.

Due to ongoing concerns about Covid 19, there will be limited access to the Chapel.  You can watch the ceremony live via a link on our website:  www.callingofthenames.org

HISTORY PROGRAMMING AND ONLINE RESOURCES
9/11: I Was There
Special Airs, Saturday, September 11 at 10/9c
Marking the 20th anniversary of September 11, this two-hour documentary presents a unique and moving account of the day that changed the modern world. Featuring rare footage and audio, 9/11: I Was There unveils an intimate portrayal of the events of September 11 captured by ordinary people who chose to pick up their video cameras that day; some courageous enough to get a closer look. Told in the moment without interview, commentary or narration, this riveting documentary weaves together the personal video diaries of a dozen people whose emotions are remarkable documentation of that dark day.
Curriculum Links: 9/11: I Was There would be useful for History, American Studies, Journalism, Media, and Politics courses. Due to sensitive content, it is recommended for mature high school and college students.
Watch a Preview: 9/11 Specials    ›
OTHER ONLINE RESOURCES
9/11 Memorial & Museum: Anniversary in the Schools Program
Join schools, libraries, and organizations from around the world to commemorate the 20th anniversary of 9/11 by registering for the 9/11 Memorial & Museum’s free Anniversary in the Schools program. View a film highlighting first-person accounts of the attacks and their aftermath and connect with Museum staff in real-time through an interactive live chat. A preview of the program is now available.

This year’s speakers include:

Carlton Shelley II, a West Point graduate who was a student in the elementary school where President George W. Bush was told about the 9/11 attacks

Bill Spade, a retired FDNY firefighter who responded to the World Trade Center on 9/11, and his son, John Spade, a graduate of the 9/11 Museum Ambassador program and Museum volunteer

Will Jimeno, a retired Port Authority police officer who was rescued from the debris pile hours after surviving the collapse of the Twin Towers

Brielle Saracini and Cait Leavey who both lost their fathers on 9/11 and became lifelong friends while volunteering with an organization dedicated to supporting those who lost loved ones on September 11

The program will be available on-demand beginning Friday, September 10, 2021. The webinar will be interpreted in American Sign Language, captioned, and can be played with Spanish subtitles. An audio description will also be available.

This webinar was made possible in partnership with the New York Life Foundation
Follow HISTORY

This is a promotional email from The HISTORY Channel and A+E Networks.
© 2021 A&E Television Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Email Marketing, 235 E 45th Street, New York, NY 10017
http://www.aenetworks.com/