News Items (8/30/21)

ARNOLD KOROTKIN

Aug 30, 2021, 6:32:26 AM8/30/21
to 911-li...@googlegroups.com

September 11 Commission Fast Facts - KTVZ

Irish band The Black Donnellys creating documentary about 9/11 - Las Vegas Review-Journal

America's pain, and progress: 20 years later, the chairmen of the 9/11 Commission look ...

September 11 Commission Fast Facts - KTVZ

Dear Members of the 9/11 Community:

On September 11, 2001, producer Jacki Ochs, who lived blocks from the Twin Towers, was forced to evacuate her family. Days later, director Susanna Styron began volunteering at Ground Zero. The following year, as the site closed and the city and country moved on, the two filmmakers felt compelled to address the ongoing trauma by telling a story of hope and healing.  This became the award-winning documentary film “9/12: From Chaos to Community,” which is being re released for streaming, in honor of the 20th anniversary of 9/11.

You can stream FOR FREE from Thursday, September 9 through Monday, September 13 by registering at www.912film.com/register.  You will receive a promo code to use at checkout, after clicking on the “Rent” option from our website during this timeframe.

“9/12” tells the story of a group of dedicated New Yorkers who volunteer at Ground Zero and form unexpected -- even unlikely -- bonds with first responders and with each other. Through their stories, we present a portrait of the city within a city that was Ground Zero, and examine how a diverse group of people transcended politics and culture in an effort to heal their city and themselves.

To learn more, and to rent or buy the film any time, please go to www.912film.com.
We hope you will share this information with your listserv members.

Respectfully,
Susanna Styron and Jacki Ochs

“It’s about Ground Zero, but more broadly it’s about the extraordinary sense of solidarity, fellow-feeling, and, yes, patriotism that was experienced by nearly everyone in New York, and maybe everyone in the country, in the days and weeks after the attack. This is a moving picture in more ways than one. The milk of human kindness flows through it, mixed with tears.” -- Hendrik Hertzberg, The New Yorker

“Having witnessed part of that effort myself, I am especially grateful to the filmmakers for capturing so poignantly and accurately the shared feelings of awe, camaraderie, loss, and love that brought everyday people together in our city's greatest time of need.” -- Steve Buscemi, actor, former firefighter

 “A poem to a group of everyday New Yorkers who discover in themselves a quiet greatness born from the darkness of 9/11.” -- Academy Award-winning director Davis Guggenheim