News Items (11/2822)

ARNOLD KOROTKIN

Nov 28, 2022, 8:50:04 AM11/28/22
to 911-li...@googlegroups.com
Please share this issue of the 9/11 News List-serv with other members of the 9/11 community

An informed citizen is an empowered citizen.

Arnie

Arnold Korotkin

You may still be working your way through Thanksgiving leftovers, but it’s never too early to register for the 9/11 Memorial & Museum 5K Run/Walk, presented by RXR! Sign up today and receive our lowest discount: use code KICKOFF23 for 30% off the full registration price.

As we enjoy the company of family and friends this holiday season, we're especially mindful of our gratitude to the many first responders, emergency medical personnel, construction workers, and volunteers who helped our city heal and rebuild in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks. It is this spirit of service and the compassion we showed each other that inspired our 5K, and we're thrilled to once again host this special event in person on Sunday, April 30, 2023 in lower Manhattan.

We may choose to participate in the 5K for different reasons: remembering a loved one killed on 9/11, honoring those who ran toward danger to save others, working together as a team, fostering awareness of the 9/11 Memorial & Museum mission. But everyone who registers to walk or run plays a pivotal role in helping to safeguard the legacy of those killed on 9/11 for future generations.

All funds raised through the 11th annual Memorial & Museum 5K will help us continue carrying out our critical mission: deepening our understanding of 9/11 and its continued impact, preserving a sacred place of remembrance and reflection for all who wish to visit, and helping a new generation understand the events that altered our perception of the world forever.

If you are a 9/11 family member, local first responder, veteran, or active member of the U.S. military, please email us at run...@911memorial.org for special registration pricing.

Thank you for your continued support of the 9/11 Memorial & Museum — we look forward to seeing you in April!

Sincerely,

The 9/11 Memorial & Museum 5K Team