volley in the 7D Android SDK - missing VolleyUtil?

edol...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2014, 9:06:16 AM9/10/14
to 7digit...@googlegroups.com
In SDIAbsRequest.java and SDIGetArtistTopTracksRequest - Android Studio is telling me that the following imports can't be made (errors):

import com.android.volley.VolleyUtil;
import com.android.volley.VolleyUtil.CacheEntryRequestParams;
import com.android.volley.VolleyUtil.CacheEntryResponse;

I cloned the very latest volley from Google - and sure enough it doesn't seem to be in there. Do I need to set something up differently or get volley from somewhere else? This is currently blocking me.

Thanks,
Eric

EA

Sep 10, 2014, 11:51:34 AM9/10/14
to 7digit...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reporting this, we will take a look and get back to you.

EA

This email, including attachments, is private and confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails are not secure and may contain viruses. No liability can be accepted for viruses that might be transferred by this email or any attachment. Any unauthorised copying of this message or unauthorised distribution and publication of the information contained herein are prohibited.

7digital Limited. Registered office: 69 Wilson Street, London EC2A 2BB.
Registered in
England and Wales. Registered No. 04843573.

EA

Sep 11, 2014, 5:16:09 AM9/11/14
to 7digit...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

The 7digital Android Sdk uses a modified version of volley, which is bundled as an .aar file with SDK.

It can be found at 7digital-Android-SDK / libs / volley-1.0.0.aar
The sdk is already setup to compile this file using a flatDir maven repository.

I hope this helps - please let us know if you need further assistance.
EA

Eric Dolecki

Sep 11, 2014, 12:27:00 PM9/11/14
to 7digit...@googlegroups.com
EA - thank you very much. The .aar does indeed contain the custom volley - I assumed it was just regular volley. I think in the SDK notes on Github instead of mentioning that it requires volley, it should state it requires the volley-1.0.0.aar that's in the SDK. That would clear a lot of things up.