Echonest partnership

Diego Reigosa

Jul 16, 2014, 7:53:03 AM7/16/14
to 7digit...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I have seen tha, the partnership agreement between Echonest and 7digitalt:

I dont know yet what API use for my job, the main purpose is to search a song by tags and to obtain a preview of it.

Anyone can help me?  which one may i use?

With the partnership with Echonest i can use the 7digital sevices as if i call it directly? No limitations?

Any difference??

Thanks!!

filip

Jul 16, 2014, 1:16:57 PM7/16/14
to 7digit...@googlegroups.com
Our partnership with Echo Nest makes 7digital IDs available through EN API to make it easier to integrate the 2 platforms together.
To access 7digital API functionality (preview clips, etc) you will still need a 7digital API key and you'd be calling the 7d API in the usual way.

This email, including attachments, is private and confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails are not secure and may contain viruses. No liability can be accepted for viruses that might be transferred by this email or any attachment. Any unauthorised copying of this message or unauthorised distribution and publication of the information contained herein are prohibited.

7digital Limited. Registered office: 69 Wilson Street, London EC2A 2BB.
Registered in
England and Wales. Registered No. 04843573.

Diego Reigosa

Sep 1, 2014, 11:52:56 AM9/1/14
to 7digit...@googlegroups.com
We have another question:

If we make a search to 7digital via Echonest, we dont find the same results as if we make a call to 7d API directly. For example, we dont have the ID of the track to call the preview, or we dont have the info of tracks that we can find if we call 7d API directly, but dont find if the call is with echonest.

Also, a call to 7digital via Echonest API is not necessary to put the 7d API key in the call, and only need the Echonest key.

The question is: there is a way to call the 7digital services via Echonest API and return the same results? This is an important point, becouse also the return between both APIs is different (Echonest return a jSON and 7d a XML format) and we have to make a decision.

Thanks in advance ;)

Marco Bettiolo

Sep 2, 2014, 8:44:47 AM9/2/14
to 7digit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diego,
The Echo Nest uses the 7digital-US bucket by default, while the 7digital API uses the UK catalogue by default. I guess that this is causing the mismatch that you see.

To change the bucket in The Echo Nest you need to specify the "bucket=id:7digital-UK" parameter in your requests.

Marco