Re: [7digital-api] Android: media playback using HTTPS?

Ling Khor

Sep 15, 2014, 1:19:43 AM9/15/14
to 7digit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As far as we know the Android MediaPlayer should work with https for devices running Android 3.1 and above. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16042534/android-2-2-mediaplayer-alternative-for-https-and-live-streaming

Does this appear to be the case for you?

Regards,
Ling
7digital

On 13 September 2014 08:03, Eric Dolecki <edol...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm pretty new to Java and Android, so I am picking thing up as I go.

I am able to sign the media fetch URL and slap it in a browser and it plays fine. The Android MediaPlayer doesn't seem to support HTTPS however. Is there a library or some way of playing these types of URLs that works on Android?

Thanks,
Eric

This email, including attachments, is private and confidential. If you have
received this email in error please notify the sender and delete it from
your system. Emails are not secure and may contain viruses. No liability
can be accepted for viruses that might be transferred by this email or any
attachment. Any unauthorised copying of this message or unauthorised
distribution and publication of the information contained herein are
prohibited.

7digital Limited. Registered office:
69 Wilson Street, London EC2A 2BB.
Registered in
England and Wales. Registered No. 04843573.