Some Preview Downloads Only 23 Bytes?

kyleh....@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2015, 6:59:06 AM4/23/15
to 7digit...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am using 7digital previews to run feature analysis on genres for academic research. I've noticed that when downloading the preview of certain tracks, the downloaded mp3 files are only 23 bytes and contain no audio. Is this due to copyright restrictions? Some examples are the following track IDs:

2708223
15381064
202976
22648
3812493

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any explanation?

Much thanks!

som.nho...@7digital.com

Apr 23, 2015, 8:02:58 AM4/23/15
to 7digit...@googlegroups.com, kyleh....@gmail.com
Hi Kyleh,

We've not had any issues reported in regards to no audio for these preview clips, and I've managed to receive the files (appx 469KB) and play them.

If you're still having issues can you provide the example request and the response headers you get back?

There are restrictions that the labels have put in place for preview clips, and they are outlined here:

http://developer.7digital.com/resources/api-docs/media-delivery-api#Preview_Clips

Please take note of the approved usage scenario.

All the best with your research.