API request limit

gavin....@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2014, 3:44:48 AM9/8/14
to 7digit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The api request limit is apparently 4000 requests per day.

So can anyone explain this.  I only had 15 sessions with 56 page views on Sunday and I'm using caching, yet my allowance seems to be used up by breakfast, in my case around 9:00am , it seems worse on Saturday and Sunday even though my stats aren't any different.

I also don't request end points to songs unless the person clicks on that particular song to play.

So how can the total be to 4000 requests?   I suppose if I really wanted to check this I could record each request for the day :(

EA

Sep 8, 2014, 6:19:02 AM9/8/14
to 7digit...@googlegroups.com, gavin....@gmail.com
Gavin,

We can confirm you are exceeding your limit.

We can see you have made requests to:

~/artist/details
~/artist/releases
~/release/tracks
~/release/details

Have you considered all of these endpoints as they all count towards the daily limit?

Thanks,

EA

This email, including attachments, is private and confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails are not secure and may contain viruses. No liability can be accepted for viruses that might be transferred by this email or any attachment. Any unauthorised copying of this message or unauthorised distribution and publication of the information contained herein are prohibited.

7digital Limited. Registered office: 69 Wilson Street, London EC2A 2BB.
Registered in
England and Wales. Registered No. 04843573.