full song access globally - url

rik.vel...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2015, 5:09:00 AM4/1/15
to 7digit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'd like to incorporate 7digital in my app, which (very high level description) allows users globally to share a preview in real-time and when the other person likes it, he/she can get the full version of the song.

The problem is that the users are global, so a user in eg Germany could select a song for a person in the US (and they may not know this). Whilst the preview urls work globally, it appears there is no way to generate a global accessible link to the actual track that would work in each country (using release or track ids generates errors when opened in different countries, so it appears that same tracks have different ids in different countries).

How could I use 7digital so that the app can generate a link to the full song that would work no matter where the user is who opens it?

thanks!

som.nho...@7digital.com

Apr 1, 2015, 6:33:59 AM4/1/15
to 7digit...@googlegroups.com, rik.vel...@gmail.com
Thank you for getting in touch Rik.

If you are using our free Public API, then preview clips must be solely used to promote the purchase of the given track - which from your description your service will do. Have a read of our guidelines for more info. Usage not in line with these guidelines will require you to obtain your own music licences.

The availability of songs in different territories is determined by the music labels - so something that is available in Germany may not be available in the US to purchase. We do have a global/worldwide store (https://xw.7digital.com/) that may be the alternative you can use (currency will be USD). Be aware though that the availability of our catalogue is also restricted in this territory.

Good luck with your app!

Regards,
Som

som.nho...@7digital.com

Apr 2, 2015, 6:05:28 AM4/2/15
to 7digit...@googlegroups.com, rik.vel...@gmail.com
Hi Rik, In regards to your reply:

"Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply. Given that I'm using Echo Nest as the API to retrieve the songs (as the 7digital track search api does not allow me to search on genres and other parameters), I believe I'm out of luck using 7digital. It seems Echo Nest only supports US, UK and AU and as such, I cannot make a translation between retrieved tracks and a globally available catalog.

Is that correct?

best regards,

Rik
"

Yes, you will need to translate EchoNest's trackId to 7digital's trackId (not sure how), then tack on country (the global territory code in this case) to the query string and if it's available in our catalogue it will work and if not, you will get an error.

Best,
Som
@7digital.