Guild Status

Christopher Morse

Jun 25, 2016, 8:13:18 AM6/25/16
to 66he...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

Long time no see. If you forgot you were on this list, and want out here is a link with the instructions to remove yourself: https://support.google.com/groups/answer/46608?hl=en

On to the news -
I am just putting out the word that while this group list will probably remain as an archive of sorts, organized activities in the guilds have reached the point of zero movement due to fading interest in SWTOR. The guilds (The Order of Sixty-Six and The Exiled Lords) will remain as entities in game, but you may have a hard time finding anyone online at any given time.

How can you find anyone online in game? If you are still looking for us for some reason, there are two ways to find us. First, if have a character in the guilds, go to the Guild panel and look. Second, if you are not in either guild, but still on BC server, go to the Friends tab, switch to the "Who" tab, and then at the top erase whatever location name is in the box and type "Sixty" (republic side) or "Exiled Lords" (imperial side) to see if any names come up. Note: Not all names for Exiled Lords will be members of THE Exiled Lords (our guild).

The new content model to rehash existing content through re-scaling and level syncs has resulted in an ongoing decline in over all game population from our standpoint. While EA/Bioware continues to claim strong numbers of players and reasonably high revenue, it appears it may be based around monthly 20-30 minute "on rails", single-player, story instances that require minimal time online to complete and are the same for all classes. Regardless of the overall game population, the population of the Begeren Colony server on the Republic faction has been hit hard by this decline. Rather than merge servers as they should, EA/Bioware opted to host character transfer sales to allow players to move between servers, but has never allowed guild transfers. To that end, it is very ineffective to try to build community on a dying server and ergo, our remaining active players are scattering to larger servers and guilds while still leaving a few stewardship alts behind here. Lastly, the guilds will not be sold off to random players asking to "buy" our guilds.

Once again, the guilds themselves will remain as a place for you to log in and maybe run into someone or just have the guild tag on your display name if you want it, but the bonuses for membership are likely to drop to the minimums in the near future.

Thanks for the good run and happy gaming!

-Aieranda