WTB / Airline travel case recommendation

Bernard Duhon

Jun 17, 2024, 10:05:09 AMJun 17
to 65...@googlegroups.com

Gang,
I'm looking for recommendations for airline travel case.
Hardshell?
Softshell?
Model?
Brand?

The case alone should weigh not too much above 20 pounds as my touring bike with racks is pretty close to 30 pounds and I want to keep it under the airline 50 pound weight limit.

Bernard F. Duhon

Josh Zielinski

Jun 17, 2024, 10:11:49 AMJun 17
to Bernard Duhon, 650b
I've heard good things from trusted sources about Orucase Airport Ninja case.

Just yesterday I just packed up a Ritchey BreakAway in it's case and it's both light and pretty compact.  Still a fair amount of disassembly and assembly work.  The case is very well made but I don't see how it could work for any other frame aside from BreakAway and maybe S&S coupled ones.

If you are traveling domestically many providers will ship bikes for no additional luggage charge.  Even if it's in a bike box, which when packed right is very secure and very cheap.

Josh Z