Soma Ukai 650b rims $9.95 with leapyear 24 code

Will Boericke

Feb 24, 2024, 3:49:16 PMFeb 24
to 650b
Just a quick heads up for those on the hunt.  I suspect they will be neither sexy nor svelte, but I just got 4 rims for $54 shipped.

Will

Will Boericke

Mar 5, 2024, 9:14:22 AMMar 5
to 650b
In case anyone is considering these rims, I just received mine.  They are wide!  25 ID, 31 OD.  While they are designed to be able to be used with rim brakes, I'm not sure what rim brakes will work with that OD.  Might be limited to cantis or centerpulls.  Also not svelte.  650b rim weighed in at 600+ grams.  Not sure when I'll get ot building them up, but will report back.

Will

Eric Daume

Mar 5, 2024, 9:32:07 AMMar 5
to Will Boericke, 650b
I’ve got a pair hanging on my shelf from a previous sale, with no plans for them. Maybe for a Crust Wombat someday.

Anyway, if you figure out the rim measurements for a wheel build, I would appreciate it.

Eric

Will Boericke

May 18, 2024, 12:14:12 PMMay 18
to 650b
For the general use of all, I just measured the ERD of these rims at 553.  I have a set of 700c as well, and though that is not the focus of this group, their ERD is 591.  Measured using Roger Musson's tool, FWIW.

On the way to a build around these rims, because why not.  Frame is a 1985 Trek 850.

Will

On Saturday, February 24, 2024 at 3:49:16 PM UTC-5 Will Boericke wrote:
Just a quick heads up for those on the hunt.  I suspect they will be neither sexy nor svelte, but I just got 4 rims for $54 shipped.

Will

Eric Daume

May 20, 2024, 6:11:52 AMMay 20
to Will Boericke, 650b
Thanks Will! I wrote this info onto a piece of tape on my rims in case I ever actually build these up someday.

Eric
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to 650b+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.