FS: 12mm Thru-Axle Tubeless Wheelset, WTB Horizons, Tubes

Adam Kilgas

Jul 21, 2017, 1:32:31 PM7/21/17
to 650b
These are all from a build that fell through... I hung on to them for a bit, hoping to find another frame, but it's that's looking less and less likely... Figured I'd post them here and see if there's any interest.

Wheelset:

Novatec D772SB rear hub, 32h, 12 x 142mm.
Novatec D771SB front hub, 32 h, 100mm.
Kinlin TL23 rims, no logos.
Sapim Race spokes.
Sapim brass nipples.
Built 3-cross.

I built these up myself; they've been stressed relieved, checked with a tensiometer, etc, but have never been mounted or ridden...I have no frame to even try them on. All components are brand new.

Full disclosure, this is my first wheelset I've built. I personally have no qualms and would fully trust them, but I feel like people would want to know. I followed Roger Musson's wheelbuildong book, and they built up rather easily.

The front rim still has a very slight wobble near the sleeve joint; this appears to have been an issue with the rim itself. It's barely noticeable to the naked eye. Except for that one area, the tension is fairly uniform across the board for both wheels.

Anyway... $300 plus shipping, continental U.S.

The rest of these are for sale pending the sale of the wheelset... Obviously, if I can't sell the wheels and end up getting a thru-axle frame, I'll still be using these... PM me about them, and first in line will have first dibs when/if wheels sell.

WTB Horizons. I have two, never mounted or ridden, though one has been removed from the packaging. $100 plus shipping for both.

WTB tubes. I have three...wasn't planning on running the wheels tubeless to start, as I wanted to experience the ride difference between the two setups. $25 plus shipping for all 3.

Orange Seal rim tape, 18mm. New in package, the 18mm width fits quite perfectly in the bowl of the rim, though my plan was to double wrap, with the double layer overlap covering the bowl/spoke bed. Its a single 12 yard length package, I'm assuming enough for both wheels. $10 plus shipping.

Obviously, shipping can be combined for any or all of these.

Pictures can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B03wcox-M0x6YzZob3FGSXFrc28

Thanks everyone, and feel free to ask questions!

Adam Kilgas

Jul 21, 2017, 2:14:02 PM7/21/17
to 650b
Forgot one...

Rever MCX1 disc brake kit. These are similar to the Tektro Spyres in that they're dual-piston. Each kit comes with everything you need; rotors, cables, adapters, etc. I have two kits: $190 for both.

satanas

Jul 21, 2017, 9:33:20 PM7/21/17
to 650b
What sort of front axle is it - 12mm TA, 15mm TA, Q/R (5 or 9mm?), something else??? I cannot tell from the pix. (Just curious as I haven't seen a Novatec 12mm front hub.)

Later,
Stephen

Adam Kilgas

Jul 21, 2017, 9:53:41 PM7/21/17
to 650b

It's a 12mm thru-axle, 100mm spacing. The lack of non-boutique 12mm front hubs is what finally spurred me to build these; I had to order the hubs from Taiwan/China; where ever they came from.

Justin Hughes

Jul 22, 2017, 12:31:05 AM7/22/17
to 650b
Can one get end caps to convert to 15x100?

Adam Kilgas

Jul 22, 2017, 12:45:25 AM7/22/17
to 650b
I would assume so (thus the whole "4 in 1" claim), but I haven't been able to find any information on it.

Virgil Staphbeard

Jul 22, 2017, 9:57:30 AM7/22/17
to 650b
Yes you can, Justin. I've dealt with Velomine before and they can get the end caps. Here is wheelset listing with the hubs and claiming the 15x100.

Virgil Staphbeard

Jul 22, 2017, 9:58:06 AM7/22/17
to 650b

Andrew

Jul 22, 2017, 6:48:01 PM7/22/17
to 650b
Justin, I couldn't see the end caps on Velomine, but they're under $20 on aliexpress delivered:

http://s.aliexpress.com/zQneYnYB

Adam Kilgas

Jul 25, 2017, 11:08:54 PM7/25/17
to 650b
*Bump*

I was going to do a price drop for the wheels, but figured I'd do it this way... $300 shipped, continental U.S. Logistically, this is easier for everyone, too, since no hassling with shipping estimates, etc.

Adam Kilgas

Jul 28, 2017, 12:04:49 AM7/28/17
to 650b
Bada-bump, wanna move this stuff... Nothing's contingent on the sale of anything else anymore; I've picked up a cantilever frame, so no discs or thru axles for me..!

Novatec/Kinlin wheelset: $300 shipped.

WTB Horizons: $100/pair, shipped.

WTB tubes: $10 each, shipped, $25 shipped for all 3.

Rever MCX1 disc brakes (1 bike's worth): $185 shipped.

Orange Seal rim tape: $10 shipped.

All of the above brand new, unused.

And while I'm at it, a few other things for sale with pictures in that link...

Velo Orange Grand Cru bag, brand new, $160 shipped.

New Ritchey Pro handlebar: $25 shipped.

New Ritchey Pro stem: $25 shipped.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B03wcox-M0x6YzZob3FGSXFrc28

Adam Kilgas

Jul 29, 2017, 2:15:33 PM7/29/17
to 650b
WTB tires and tubes are sold!

Adam Kilgas

Jul 30, 2017, 8:45:21 AM7/30/17
to 650b
Price drop again...

Novatec/Kinlin wheelset: $275 shipped.

Rever MCX1 disc brakes, x2: $175 shipped.

Velo Orange Grand Cru handlebar bag (brand new!): $150 shipped.

The Orange Seal tape and Ritchey stem and bars are still availabke as well.

Thanks for all the interest and questions, guys!

Adam Kilgas

Jul 31, 2017, 10:29:50 PM7/31/17
to 650b
And a few more things I've decided I've hung on to for too long...

Arkel Tailrider trunk bag. The best trunk bag I've ever used, and one of the best designed bags I've ever used, period. Unfortunately I don't use trunk bags much anymore, so this has been gathering dust for a few years. Excellent condition, and from the time when the Arkel patch was sewn on instead of screened on (or however it is now). $80 shipped.

Nitto B135 SSB. A B135 with a 31.8 clamp, bulged, not sleeved. Bought this for a bike I never ended up with. Brand new, never used. $80 shipped.

VP Thin Gripster pedals. These are the special Rivendell color, titanium/silver grey. Not sure if it's still a special color or not. Excellent condition, didn't see many miles. $50 shipped.

Detours Leto camera handlebar bag. Brand new, never used. I really liked the features and size of this bag, but never ended up using it. $35 shipped.

Token external bearing bottom brackets. More purchases for the same bike I didn't end up with. It's an annoying story as to why I have two. One green, one gold, the gold one isn't in manufacturing packaging, but both are new and never used. For Shimano, but can be used with SRAM if you have the below adapter. $20 shipped for each.

Token SRAM GXP adapter for above bottom brackets. You'll need this if you want to use one of them for SRAM cranks. $5 if you buy one of the above, $10 shipped otherwise.

Photos uploaded on the same Google drive link:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B03wcox-M0x6YzZob3FGSXFrc28

If you see anythkng you like or don't like the asking prices shoot me an offer!

Thanks guys!