Spironolactone Hair Loss Forum - Spironolactone caused hair loss - Prescription acne medications - Acne .

Sacha Leister

Dec 7, 2023, 6:19:00 PM12/7/23
to 60ironp...@googlegroups.com

For example, Ramos and his group are recruiting 60 women with AGA to compare the effect of oral minoxidil and spironolactone versus topical minoxidil for female pattern hair loss in a blind-eye RCT. 23 Afsaneh is planning to conduct a randomized comparative study to compare the effect of minoxidil and spironolactone with minoxidil and .

🏋️🏋️🏋️ VISIT OUR SHOP 🏋️🏋️🏋️

Spironolactone and Hair loss - Experiences? Worth it? : r/PCOS - Reddit

February 9, 2022 Answer: Spironolactone and hair loss in women Current research suggests spironolactone helps 30% of women "improve" their hair density and helps 30% of women "prevent" further loss. Spironolactone does not help all women. It is important to understand that this medication must be used "long term. "

Oral spironolactone, Oral Minoxidil and Dutasteride | HairLossTalk Forums

To the Editor: Female pattern hair loss (FPHL) is the most common form of alopecia in women. Currently, topical minoxidil is the only treatment approved by the US Food and Drug Administration; however, the systemic agent spironolactone is prescribed off-label despite few physician-reported outcome studies supporting its efficacy in FPHL. 1,2

Spironolactone For Hair Loss: Benefits, Dosage, and Risks

a few sites/forums dedicated to transsexuals. Those sites have a lot of info and personal experience with the use of spironolactone to reduce T. . which found no significant changes in testosterone levels in test subjects taking 200 mg/day of spironolactone for hair loss.

S5 Cream/Spironolactone | Hair loss Forum - Hair Transplant forums

Spironolactone and Hair loss - Experiences? Worth it? Was recently prescribed spironolactone in response to a new diagnosis of PCOS. Hair loss was bad this entire year and OB decided to test for PCOS and here we are. Can the hair loss potentially get worse with shedding on the spiro?

Has Anyone Experienced Noticeable Hair Loss On Spironolactone? - Acne

I also use the 1% Nizoral, but not every time I shampoo. 200mg of spiro does seem like a high beginning dosage - I hope you don't have problems with 100mg. The Dr Redmond book I have is "The Hormonally Vulnerable Woman". I bought it on ebay, it was cheaper!! Good luck, I hope you feel good and see positive results. VictoriaG, Jun 23, 2009.

Spironolactone for treatment of female pattern hair loss

Has anyone experienced hair loss while taking spironolactone? - Drugs

AR Arepwons 22 March 2023 Yes. I took that drug for 5 months for cystic acne and stopped when I realized my hair was shedding like crazy. I also had terrible headaches, floaters in my eyes, dizziness. It's been exactly 9 months since I stopped taking the medication and my hair is still falling out as much as ir was when I was taking it.

How Effective is Spironolactone for Female Hair Loss? - RealSelf

#1 Unknown author For over thirty years spironolactone has been used as an antihypertensive and a diuretic. More recently, it has been used to treat hirsutism in women [9. 10. ].

Alternative to Spironolactone? | Women's Hair Loss Project Forum

So if you're wondering, Does spironolactone cause hair loss?, that's a big no. Spironolactone helps hair growth by decreasing the effects of DHT (dihydrotestosterone). And while DHT (DHT) is a key factor in male pattern baldness, it's not totally understood how it impacts female pattern hair loss.

Spironolactone for Hair: Benefits and How to Use It - Byrdie

hair loss and we talked for quite a while. He is a NW5 and does not do anything as far as treatment. Say he just does not have time but would jump at some of the new treatments that will be available. I asked him about spironolactone and he had a lot to say about it and he really cleared up some things for me. After talking with him

Spironolactone for Hair Loss: Does It Work? - K Health

Spironolactone is one of the most common systemic anti-androgen medications used to treat female pattern hair loss. It is available in the following formulations: Oral (tablets) Spironolactone is not FDA-approved for any type of hair loss but has shown pretty impressive success in pilot studies.

so what is the verdict on oral spironolactone - HairLossTalk Forums

hyperaldosteronism Recently, some doctors have started prescribing it for female pattern hair loss caused by androgenic alopecia. This is a type of hair loss that's associated with the.

Spironolactone | HairLossTalk Forums

Nov 30, 2016. #4. Not seen many threads on topical use for hair loss but I wouldn't advise taking high doses orally as it has strong anti androgen properties I believe (used in transsexuals) as well as having diuretic properties and being good for acne. I know it's prescribed in lower doses to men for issues with urination though as my dad .

Spironolactone for Hair Loss: Benefits, Dosage, and Side Effects

I am taking oral spironolactone as a diuretic for high blood pressure. It is one of the few that is sulfa free and is the only one that has worked for me. That being said, I am having increasing amounts of hair loss - I have very thick hair, but I am getting concerned as I have probably lost 1/3 of my volume in 2 months.

Anyone see results with spironolactone? | HairLossTalk Forums

My fall stopped on October 20th and my hair started to grow back. I started applying 2 patches of 4mg Dermestril (8mg) from 11th November. The hair is growing back. My dosage: - 200 mg of spironolactone. - 1 mg of fina. - 0,5 mg of duta. - 8 mg of estradiol. - 6 mg of estradiol valerate.

How to apply spironolactone topically? | HairLossTalk Forums

im *****en confused ive seen posts of people taking high doses and regrowing some monsterous hair, like from Norwood 5 to NW1. 5 im talking about 200mg a day but than 200mg would give most people VERY unwanted side effects such as gyno, nasty ED and shrinkage of their balls, along with.

Spironolactone for Hair Loss: All You Need to Know - Hairverse

Spironolactone and hair loss I have androgenetic alopecia. My dermotologist was shocked at what a severe case I had (it started at 18 and was extreme by 21). I was told I would be bald by 40 and need to wear wigs. I had tried the iron treatment starting at 21 along with women's Rogaine and saw little results.

Spironolactone: Too Much Risk for Its Benefit? | Hair Transplant Forum .

Spironolactone Type of ingredient: Potassium-sparing diuretic Main Benefits: Originally created for high blood pressure, derms have recently started prescribing spironolactone for acne to block DHT (dihydrotestosterone), which is one of the main causes of androgenetic alopecia as well.

All about oral spironolactone | HairLossTalk Forums

Disclaimer: Please do not lecture me on my current regimen. I have done 20+ hours of research of the current drugs and know the possible short-term and long-term side effects. I do not plan to stay on the harsher drugs (e. g oral spironolactone) forever as I do love lifting, and can hopefully maintain some of my gains with consistent dosing of dutasteride and possibly topical RU.

Hair loss with Estradiol valerate and spironolactone

1. William H. Reed II, MD 1. LaJolla, California When, if ever, should we prescribe spironolactone (SPL) for alopecia? Two recent studies[1][1],[2][2] suggest caution, at least in the older population, unless there is careful monitoring of potassium and renal function. In one study, Juurlink

SPIRONOLACTONE | Hair loss Forum - Hair Transplant forums

Like you said, spironolactone is to slow down/stop hair loss and minoxidil is strictly for regrowing hair. The combination of both works best. You can find non-greasy, fast drying minoxidils (check out minoxidilmax 5% fast dry). BTW, I have been using spironolactone for the past week and like it.

The Efficacy and Safety of Oral and Topical Spironolactone in .

Spironolactone is a medication used to treat hair loss due to androgenic alopecia. While results can take six months to a year to present, each person's body will respond differently to spironolactone. If you are suffering from hair loss or if hair loss is causing a hindrance to your life, consult a healthcare provider for advice.