Matthew Ward: On the Modularity of Derived Equivalent Calabi-Yau Threefolds

William Stein

Feb 3, 2012, 3:39:44 PM2/3/12
to ntuw, 581g...@googlegroups.com
TITLE: On the Modularity of Derived Equivalent Calabi-Yau Threefolds

WHEN/WHERE: Monday, Feb 13 at 3:30pm in LOW 101.

ABSTRACT: My goal for the talk would be to spend the first 20 minutes giving
people an idea of what it means for a variety to be modular. The next
20 minutes would be explaining what it means for two varieties to be
derived equivalent, and then end with a sketch of my proof that
modularity is preserved under derived equivalence with some
applications to future work I have in mind.

(This is basically a 1-hour version of the 5-minute talk Matt gave in
Math 581g for his final presentation last quarter.)

--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics