number theory seminar this Thursday

William Stein

Oct 18, 2011, 12:51:04 PM10/18/11
to ntuw, 581g...@googlegroups.com
This weeks number theory seminar speaker is one of our new postdocs,
Ben Lundell.
October 20, 2011 in Padelford C401 at 3:35pm.

http://wiki.wstein.org/seminar/nt/20111020
Speaker: Ben Lundell of University of Washington
Title: New Parts of Hecke Rings
Abstract: This talk will be an introduction to the concept of
congruences of modular forms . We will give some basic definitions and
examples and then talk about various ways to measure how many
congruences a given modular form satisfies. Finally, we will present
some joint work with Ravi Ramakrishna which is an attempt to determine
"how often" one should expect to find "extra" congruences.

--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics