FYI Google traffic data API now available for free users

M Hopcroft

Jan 9, 2017, 9:04:11 AM1/9/17
to 511sfbaydevel...@googlegroups.com
FYI, for users interested in Traffic, as opposed to Transit, data.

The new 511 APIs do not include traffic data. Late last year, Google started providing access to their traffic data for free, for low-volume users and free applications. This does not include traffic incidents, which are provided by 511. See here:

M. Hopcroft

Scott

Jun 25, 2017, 11:31:06 AM6/25/17
to 511SFBayDeveloperResources
Thank you. I've been patiently waiting for the "coming soon" API. 511's changes broke my coastside traffic monitoring that had been running for several years. I'm disappointed to have lost all the interim data but am happy to have anything that might let me get it running again.

maleekm...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2019, 1:52:10 AM7/9/19
to 511SFBayDeveloperResources

this is great