Receiving Binary Data

Jed Davidow

Mar 14, 2024, 6:50:53 PMMar 14
to 511SFBayDeveloperResources
Using curl, I am only receiving binary data:

curl https://api.511.org/toll/programs?api_key=XXX

I have tried adding other parameters, but I always get binary.

any ideas?

Also, I am just trying to get express lane toll data.  Is toll/programs the wayy to do this?

Tyler Shuster

Mar 14, 2024, 6:53:08 PMMar 14
to 511sfbaydevel...@googlegroups.com
Try appending &format=json

Default is PBF I believe

On Mar 14, 2024, at 3:50 PM, Jed Davidow <j...@ultralame.com> wrote:

Using curl, I am only receiving binary data:

jed davidow

Mar 14, 2024, 7:36:14 PMMar 14
to 511sfbaydevel...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick response... I was using the json format, it did not work.   I switched to using my chrome browser, and now it works.  I suspect it's a compression, https or something.

However, now I cannot filter.  I am trying to get only SM-101 NB data, but the Toll-Authority, Toll-program-name don't filter anything, and the signs filter SOMETIMES only returns the signs I want, but it returns the upper parts of the trees for all the other trunks (that is, it only removes the other signs, not their parents.

Am I the crazy person here, or does this documentation seem to be lacking?  For example, the order of the parameters seems to matter.  if APIKEY isn't first, it errors.  Does format=json have to come at the end?  Do the filters have to be in a specific order?  What does MANDATORY mean in so many of the parameters?  They clearly aren't mandatory.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "511SFBayDeveloperResources" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/511sfbaydeveloperresources/4972D69F-8EB8-47A5-96B4-7D9B89F4E7B9%40fivepaths.com.

--
Jed Davidow
ZoJo Software, LLC

Marla Oviedo

Mar 14, 2024, 7:37:02 PMMar 14
to 511sfbaydevel...@googlegroups.com
Stop

jed davidow

Mar 14, 2024, 8:21:03 PMMar 14
to 511sfbaydevel...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I just found in the response header that the encoding is GZIP.  Same URL works in Chrome (maybe chrome is decompressing it?)

Is there an option for this?  Doesn't seem to be in the Toll Data manual.