VehicleMonitoring missing final Caltrain stops?

Ruddick Lawrence

Jun 2, 2023, 12:54:21 AM6/2/23
to 511SFBayDeveloperResources
Hi,

I was looking at the realtime data returned by https://api.511.org/transit/VehicleMonitoring?agency=CT&format=json&api_key=my-key, and none of the vehicles have their destination station in the OnwardCall list (with the realtime arrival information). So, for example, if a train had a destination of "San Francisco Caltrain Station", the last OnwardCall station would be "22nd Street Caltrain Station".

Is this the expected behavior, and if so, how do I get the realtime arrival prediction for a train's final stop? Does that also mean that the VehicleMonitoring response won't even include vehicles that are approaching their final stop? (I haven't been able to catch that condition live yet)

Thanks,
Ruddick

Mengjie Han

Jun 2, 2023, 8:07:07 PM6/2/23
to 511sfbaydevel...@googlegroups.com, trans...@511.org

Hi Ruddick,

Thanks for reaching out to 511 data team. You are right the last stop is not in the OnwardCall list currently. We are investigating this concern and we will get back to you after we discuss it with our backend team. Thank you.

Best,

Mengjie Han

511 Transit Data Coordinator

Jun 13, 2023, 7:33:22 PM6/13/23
to 511sfbaydevel...@googlegroups.com, trans...@511.org
Hi Mengjie,

Were you able to get a response?

Thanks,
Ruddick

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "511SFBayDeveloperResources" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/511sfbaydeveloperresources/MN2PR17MB275056DA6F3C842A5D91321FAC4FA%40MN2PR17MB2750.namprd17.prod.outlook.com.

Mengjie Han

Jul 7, 2023, 6:10:33 PM7/7/23
to 511sfbaydevel...@googlegroups.com, trans...@511.org

Hi Ruddick,

Sorry for getting back to you late. We have investigated this issue of why last stop of Caltrain routes is missing from the OnwardCall list. It was caused by that Caltrain’s real-time source data doesn’t provide arrival time for the last stop. We also verified other RT-enabled transit operators, vast majority of them provide arrival time of last stop, and the last stop appear on the OnwardCall list. We’ll reach out to Caltrain to see if they could make any changes to their last stop RT data and we’ll keep you posted. Thank you very much.

Best,

Mengjie Han

511 Transit Data Coordinator

Ruddick Lawrence

Jul 9, 2023, 10:21:03 PM7/9/23
to 511sfbaydevel...@googlegroups.com, trans...@511.org
Great, thanks. Let me know what you find out.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/511sfbaydeveloperresources/MN2PR17MB2750381DE657BFB65DACE9F6AC2DA%40MN2PR17MB2750.namprd17.prod.outlook.com.