HTTPS Support and Static IPs

Johnson, Anthony (US)

May 4, 2021, 3:07:31 PM5/4/21
to 511sfbaydevel...@googlegroups.com

Hi 511 Team,

Do you support HTTPS for your Open Data interface or have any plans to support it? We are hoping to consume your APIs on port 443. I checked the FAQ and did a quick forum search and didn’t find anything related.

Also can you please confirm if your public IPs are static? Currently they are resolving to: 52.52.89.184 and 52.8.88.210

Thanks,

Anthony

This message has been marked as Public on 5/4/2021 12:07 PM.

Anthony Johnson

May 26, 2021, 3:51:31 PM5/26/21
to 511SFBayDeveloperResources
Since I haven't received a response from 511, I assume there is no planned support for HTTPS in the future.

Thanks,

Anthony

Doug Freed

May 26, 2021, 4:02:54 PM5/26/21
to 511sfbaydevel...@googlegroups.com
https://api.511.org/ seems to work just fine for me?  Given those IP addresses are AWS, I definitely would never expect them to remain fixed.  You should be using DNS anyway, that's what it's for.

-Doug

(Note: I am not a 511 employee, just another subscriber to this mailing list.)

Kapeel Daryani

May 26, 2021, 7:55:12 PM5/26/21
to 511sfbaydevel...@googlegroups.com

Hi Anthony,

Sorry for the delayed response.

As of now, 511 has no plans to provide/support HTTPS for its 511 SF Bay Open Data Portal. Secondly, we expect our API users to consume data using URL: http://api.511.org/ as the IPs resolving to this domain are not static.

Regards,

Kapeel Daryani.