How do I tell if an agency does not have any realtime data?

mpo...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2021, 3:48:26 PM8/16/21
to 511SFBayDeveloperResources
This weekend, I finally converted from the deprecated API (which looks like it's no longer operational) to the new SIRI realtime endpoint.

Going through the list of operators, it seems like about a dozen of them do not have any realtime data.  Is there some simple way to identify these operators from the API?  My app doesn't have the ability to consult GTFS data.

This is the list of operators I came up with that seem to have no realtime arrivals: AM, CE, CM, GF, RV, SB, SI, SS TD, 3D, VC, WC. Does that look right, or is the realtime not functioning correctly for some of them?

By writing this I may have come up with a solution for these operators:  use the Scheduled Departures SIRI API if MonitoredStopVisit is empty.

Mike

Nisar Ahmed

Aug 16, 2021, 5:05:29 PM8/16/21
to 511sfbaydevel...@googlegroups.com

You can use our http://api.511.org/transit/operators?api_key=[your_key] and look for <Monitored>true</Monitored> in the Extensions group. All real-time agencies will have Monitored value set to ‘true.’

<Extensions>

<Monitored>true</Monitored>

<OtherModes/>

<Coverage/>

</Extensions>

--Nisar

Aug 16, 2021, 7:30:59 PM8/16/21
to 511SFBayDeveloperResources
Thanks, Nisar, my list matches the monitored flag.  I have another question.

My app allows the user to type in a stop number. In the old API, I was able to use GetNextDeparturesByStopCode to look up an agency for that stop number. Now, it seems I have to include an agency. Is there any way I can look up the agency for a given stop number?

Mike