County Connection GTFS-rt Vehicle IDs

Kona Farry

Jan 17, 2023, 12:02:34 AM1/17/23
to 511SFBayDeveloperResources
Hi there,

On November 9, the 511 County Connection feed started primarily reporting a different set of six-digit vehicle IDs. These do not match the "actual" fleet numbers which are still represented in CC's direct feed (at http://bustracker.cccta.org/gtfsrt).

In CC's direct feed, the six-digit number is in GTFS-rt vehicle.label field and the expected four-digit number is in vehicle.id, but 511 reports the six-digit numbers in both fields.

Just to provide an example, here's an example from CC direct:
vehicle {
   id: "911",
   label: "525805"
}

And from 511:
"vehicle": {
   "id": "525805",
   "label": "525805"
}

This would look to me like 511 is overwriting the ID. Would it be possible to restore access to the "actual" four-digit IDs, in either field? This is much more useful for riders and my users.

I hope this is clear—happy to help if it's useful.

Kapeel Daryani

Feb 1, 2023, 6:02:05 PM2/1/23
to 511sfbaydevel...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kona,

Sorry for the delayed response. This change has been made in 511 to cater the 511 SF Bay’s Regional Data System requirements. We will not be able to reverse the change, but I will bring up your concern to my team to see if we can find some alternates.

Regards,

Kapeel Daryani.