New endpoint; modified endpoint

1 view

andrewsenter

Sep 15, 2011, 11:45:31 AM9/15/11
to 50/50 API
We've added a new donation search endpoint to the API which should
help cut down data mungling on your apps:

http://5050.gd/api/#api_project_donations_search

The donation notification endpoint has also undergone an overhaul,
it's now POST and accepts a few more params:

http://5050.gd/api/#api_project_donations_search

Please note that even though the US payment gateway is mentioned in
the docs, it's not quite ready :)

Chad

Sep 16, 2011, 11:41:53 AM9/16/11
to 50/50 API
I see that a US payment gateway is in the works but yet ready. I
wasn't aware of the new US gateway until reading this post.

Will you be providing additional documentation about the new US
payment gateway in the near future? I have some questions about it,
such as:
1) What is the difference between the US gateway and the UK gateway
(other than a different URL and optional parameters)?
2) Which URL should we direct donors to - the US or the UK gateway?

Thanks!
Chad - Fight the Famine

Andrew Senter

Sep 20, 2011, 3:56:19 AM9/20/11
to 5050...@googlegroups.com

Hi Chad,

The US gateway is in its final testing stages and will be live in a few days.

You can find documentation here: http://5050.gd/api/documentation/payment/us

Essentially the user journey will be the same, as will your API calls, however it gives you more flexibility and easier donation tracking with direct callbacks. The docs explain all of this a bit better.

Also, when using the UK gateway and paying in dollars you are not given the required information at the end of the process to claim a charitible tax deduction; with the US gateway you are.

If most of your donors are in the US i'd suggest sending them to this, that said, there's no harm is giving people the option - you'll just have to ensure your site doesn't rely on US gateway only callbacks.

Cheers
Andrew