Ruby on Rails API

3 visningar

Peter Hamilton

oläst,
11 sep. 2011 20:15:592011-09-11
till 50/50 API, andrew...@gmail.com
Hi All,

Made a quick API wrapper for the 5050 project.

Available as a gem: "gem install fiftyfifty"

Or visit the github page here: https://github.com/PeterHamilton/fiftyfifty

Feel free to get involved and improve on it!

Peter Hamilton

oläst,
11 sep. 2011 20:16:442011-09-11
till 50/50 API
Should have also said, example session/usage is available at the
github link above.

Andrew Senter

oläst,
12 sep. 2011 05:13:172011-09-12
till 5050...@googlegroups.com
Incredible, thanks for making it even easier for people to get involved.

Peter Hamilton

oläst,
12 sep. 2011 05:49:352011-09-12
till 5050...@googlegroups.com
No worries, planning on implementing something class-based to make it
a bit easier to do nice rails-y things like projects[0].donations
instead of project_donations(projects[0].id) but for now it works
pretty well :)

Any chance you could help me work out how to track donations for users
and also how to pass through a donation amount for unicef to autofill?

This can either be done by:

We use return_url to get info from unicef straight to our project and
then tell 5050 it happened via a donation registration
We go from unicef back to 5050 which records the donation and
redirects back to our project which then reads the newest donations
and matches them to users using the name/data params

On an API note, would be good to be able to use a POST for giving
donation info. That way we could send more than just the amount e.g
source/name/uniqueref etc? This is needed for full third party
integration I think and is probably relatively easy to do for you.
Once you've done it either I or yourself can update the gem
accordingly. Do you have a github username? Will add you as a
developer for the gem so you can make tweaks and changes.

Svara alla
Svara författaren
Vidarebefordra
0 nya meddelanden