Shroud Tracks

Tim Murphy

Nov 15, 2020, 2:08:07 PM11/15/20
to 505-usa-west-coast
Good to see everyone last weekend.

Looking to place adjustable shroud tracks. Wanted to see if anyone is aware of max fore-aft limits of track position. I cannot find anything in rules. Given that, seems like an 18" track is correct. Is that what people have? Also seems to make sense to have track positioned to pin forward one hole of current shroud "U" bolt location and then ability to pin back multiple holes from there. What are peoples thoughts here? Finally, I see the Harken hardware 2750 and 2751 (car and track). Any issues with these or do people prefer Ronstan? If so which Ronstan parts if you know? Thanks and happy to hear any suggestions or problems people have encountered. Talk soon.

Tim

--
Tim Murphy

Howard Hamlin

Nov 15, 2020, 9:43:01 PM11/15/20
to 505-usa-w...@googlegroups.com
Tim,

We use the Harken tracks.  Like Mike/Adam, we go forward 1 hole in light and back 1 hole in breeze.  Frankly I don't think it is worth changing your boat.  The "Riley" boat is fixed and we never bothered to change it.

Howard Hamlin
DRE License #00824557