TNT tomorrow

Channing Hamlet

May 6, 2015, 5:12:30 PM5/6/15
to 505-usa-...@googlegroups.com
All --

Looks like wind is in the forecast for tomorrow (and hopefully the rain hold off until after we sail).  Who is in?

Channing

Gary Lee

May 6, 2015, 5:15:24 PM5/6/15
to 505-usa-...@googlegroups.com

I'm in

dan merino

May 6, 2015, 6:38:41 PM5/6/15
to 505-usa-san-diego

Guys
I'm in DC until tomorrow night so I'm out.. will probably be in Europe for the next two weeks after that... should be able to sail after that...
Dan

John Huebner

May 6, 2015, 11:37:13 PM5/6/15
to 505-usa-...@googlegroups.com
I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone

Gary Lee

May 6, 2015, 11:39:53 PM5/6/15
to 505-usa-...@googlegroups.com
OK!  That's at least three.

Gary Lee

May 8, 2015, 2:04:29 AM5/8/15
to 505-usa-...@googlegroups.com

Wow! A wire reaching TNT! When was the last time that happened?

John Billings

May 8, 2015, 11:23:49 AM5/8/15
to 505-usa-...@googlegroups.com

Hey All,

What happened last night? ...

- John

Channing Hamlet

May 11, 2015, 11:58:39 AM5/11/15
to 505-usa-...@googlegroups.com
Three of us made it down to the club to race and all of us had a series of issues.

The conditions were the best I have seen for a TNT, with breeze in the 8-12 range with maybe a few gusts higher.  I sailed with a new crew (and new to trapezing), Gary sailed with Dan Downing and John Huebner made it out as well (his first outing in two years).   For a variety of reasons, we wound up sailing without the trap harness as did Huebner, and Gary was late to the start.

Gary joined about half way up the first windward leg, but did not know the course ... we had a great sailing and some close roundings and crosses with Gary.  Due to a misunderstanding and some confusion with an extra RC boat on course I sailed the course wrong.  Since Gary was late, he did not know the course ... so he sailed the wrong course too ... my bad!  After the finish, I think Gary and Dan blasted around the bay testing out the newly installed double pole system.

We did enjoy some brief planing on reaches and nice breeze, followed by dinner and drinks on the back deck.

I won't be sailing this week since the boat is packed and ready for hte PCCs in Santa Barbara this weekend.  I am planning to sail the TNT next week though.

Channing

John Billings

May 11, 2015, 9:48:54 PM5/11/15
to 505-usa-...@googlegroups.com

Nice evening.

Thanks,  John

Gary Lee

May 11, 2015, 9:53:50 PM5/11/15
to 505-usa-...@googlegroups.com

John! It's not the same without you. We want LFD back!

John Billings

May 13, 2015, 9:08:28 PM5/13/15
to 505-usa-...@googlegroups.com

Let's see..

- Demolition award

- Running over a lobster pot doing rather well to weather & dumping the boat.

- Surviving San Francisco with Channing, Bill and you over the past few years.

You guys are great.

If I were to be around in a reliable way, yes, I would be racing.

However, Cruising is a way fun too. Trish & I plan to head out in November of next year for Belize and other delights of the Western Caribbean.  This takes a lot of boat fixing and preparation.  We shall see how all that works out.

505ing is far and away the best dingy racing I have ever done & I enjoy your race reports wherever we happen to be in the floating world.

Best,