Race Committee duty this Sunday

1 view

dan merino

Aug 18, 2014, 10:44:51 PM8/18/14
to 505-usa-san-diego, Chris
Ok gang...
Last RC duty for the year is this Sunday... Sounds like we'll have Channing, Bill J, Gary and me so far... any other volunteers?
Plan on being at the club by 10am so we can come up with a game plan... I'll provide beer...

Regards,

Dan

PS. I plan on getting out on this week's TNT... anyone else?

John Huebner

Aug 19, 2014, 4:04:51 PM8/19/14
to 505-usa-...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there.

Sent from my iPhone

John Billings

Aug 19, 2014, 9:39:24 PM8/19/14
to 505-usa-...@googlegroups.com
I'm in.

- John

Gary Lee

Aug 19, 2014, 11:08:58 PM8/19/14
to 505-usa-...@googlegroups.com

Wow awesome.  We'll have a great group.

dan merino

Aug 21, 2014, 5:48:52 PM8/21/14
to 505-usa-san-diego
All
I got a call from Craig Storms the other night making sure that we would have enough people and avoid the disaster that happened last time... I assured him that we would have our "A" team running the races... He asked for upwind finishes only and indicated that Multi's would be running courses on offset marks that he would set... I think the plan is that we start and finish them but the marks they round will be offset from the regular race course...
He also said he would score for us (major bonus if you ever tried to use the scoring program)... The plan is to have the Barca and two chase boats on the water... One at the windward end for finishes and the other tied up to the barca for mark adjustment and for those sailors that habitually capsize...

I plan on being at the club by 9am... Let's make sure everyone is there no later than 10:00am... (maybe we can have a fleet meeting... remember what those were?)

See you Sunday...

Dan

Channing Hamlet

Aug 21, 2014, 6:05:06 PM8/21/14
to 505-usa-...@googlegroups.com
I'm in and will be there at 10.

channing

Gary Lee

Aug 21, 2014, 7:48:42 PM8/21/14
to 505-usa-...@googlegroups.com

I'll be there by 10. Being required to finish to windward and have a second chase boat means we need everyone who volunteered.