2021 Consolidated sail order

wthu...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2021, 9:30:07 AM4/2/21
to 505 USA Region One
All,
I am planning on buying a new set of sails from Glaser this season.  Is there any interest in trying to consolidate to save on shipping like we've tried in the past?

My timeline was oriented towards just before NAs but from some chat it sounded like people may want to go earlier which I could do, I'm not sure on what Glaser can sort out though.

Please let me know:
A - if you're interested
B - preferred timeline
C - what you're planning to order

I'll reach out to Glaser once we have a feel for what this might look like.

Thanks,
Ted

Peter Scannell

Apr 8, 2021, 9:21:32 PM4/8/21
to 505-usa-r...@googlegroups.com

Ted,

I would like to throw a couple of gaskets sets into that order, assuming it’s shipped sometime in the first half of the season.

Thanks!

Peter

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Duane Delfosse

May 29, 2021, 9:36:36 AM5/29/21
to 505 USA Region One

Peter,
I just placed an order.  Let's coordinate shipment if that could work.

Also... does anyone know the best thickness for rubber on leading end of gasket?  If you have a McMaster P/N, that would be even better!
Thanks,
Duane

Craig Thompson

May 29, 2021, 4:24:45 PM5/29/21
to 505 Region 1 Group, Matt Barry
Duane,

I have the rubber you need. There is nothing from McMaster that works well for this application (I know, unbelievable. Ask Matt Barry to confirm) . I use 0.80mm thick black natural latex rubber treated somehow by the manufacturer so it doesn't break down and go brittle/hard like most natural latex rubbers. Unfortunately the minimum order is a lifetime supply, so I own a lifetime supply.

Here are some pics of a job I just did using this rubber: https://photos.app.goo.gl/nWJBC7jQXUNisG1cA

I also have the CNC machined G10 gasket parts for your Rondar if you are interested in upgrading.
___

Craig Thompson
+44 7387 023 608 (UK mobile)

duane.d...@comcast.net

May 30, 2021, 8:53:24 AM5/30/21
to 505-usa-r...@googlegroups.com, Craig Thompson, Matt Barry
Nice job Craig!  Your workmanship is really excellent.  Are you stateside or UK now?  I have need for rubber now, would love to buy from you if I can get it.  I'll try to call you later.  The G10 conversion looks great, but would need to fill all the existing holes etc.  Probably a bigger job than I have time for right now.  ( moving)
Thanks,
Duane